'The Ecstasy of Gold'- Metallica

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That would be really cool if not for Kirk's horrible tone, and James' usual warbling nonsense.

...And the freakin wah pedal. :\ How is it possible that with the producers Metallica has, nobody has said "Hey Kirk, enough with the wah, for god sakes."?

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio about a week or two ago. Anyone know where you can get a copy of it from? I don't remember this being on the S&M Album. Where's it from?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That would be really cool if not for Kirk's horrible tone, and James' usual warbling nonsense.

...And the freakin wah pedal. :\ How is it possible that with the producers Metallica has, nobody has said "Hey Kirk, enough with the wah, for god sakes."?

I completely agree with the first part. I didn't think the wah sounded too bad on this song, but I do agree that he abuses that wah way too much. It was cool when he only used it on like 3 songs on an album, but using it every frickin' song. :noplease: The worst thing I ever heard was when Kirk played old Metallica songs live with wah in parts that really shouldn't be played with wah.

Early today, I was thinking, "What if Metallica suddenly did release another seriously kickass album?" and then I stopped and thought, "No, that'd be impossible, considering he could never quit that annoying new singing style he's been using for the past 10-15 years." His "singing" was the worst part of this whole song and the second would be that tone.... it wasn't very good...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio about a week or two ago. Anyone know where you can get a copy of it from? I don't remember this being on the S&M Album. Where's it from?

I didn't listen, Regor, but Metallica have been working on a new album with Rick Ruben for rather a while now. I suspect this is from it, either a leak or the lead single.

EDIT - listening - I take it back, this sounds like it's a cover of some of the actual music from the movie. Pity - it's an awesome score, it's just Metalica's kind of slaughtering it here...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
It can't be. Its impossible to get that bad of a tone with that much money.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
It can't be. Its impossible to get that bad of a tone with that much money.

And an instrumental song couldn't be a single off an album.

And, on a side note, whatever happened to that amazing Master Of Puppets tone?

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't listen, Regor, but Metallica have been working on a new album with Rick Ruben for rather a while now. I suspect this is from it, either a leak or the lead single.

EDIT - listening - I take it back, this sounds like it's a cover of some of the actual music from the movie. Pity - it's an awesome score, it's just Metalica's kind of slaughtering it here...

I suspected that it was 'new' from working on a new album as well, but can a radio station play a leak though? Or would they get in trouble?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Early today, I was thinking, "What if Metallica suddenly did release another seriously kickass album?"

I used to hope for that too. :\ Metallica was my absolute favorite band as a kid, right next to Iron Maiden. Those guys were my heroes, and I thought Kirk was an absolute god.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I suspected that it was 'new' from working on a new album as well, but can a radio station play a leak though? Or would they get in trouble?

Nah, after having actually, you know, watched it, the melodic motifs are pretty much straight out of that movie. They just did a cover of the soundtrack for that scene, then did some sloppy wah-drenched shredding at the end. I'd be shocked if this is on the album.

"The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" has an aswesome sound track as an aside. :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to hope for that too. :\ Metallica was my absolute favorite band as a kid, right next to Iron Maiden. Those guys were my heroes, and I thought Kirk was an absolute god.

They had nothing on Sammi Curr, you Blasphemer! Rock's Chosen Warrior! :hbang:

sammi4t.jpg

:lol:

I was in the same boat. I was a Metallica fan since '87, and I remember how hyped I was when AJFA came out. (I still liked Sammi more, though. :D)

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
ofcourse, you cant deny metallica is a kick ass band, up to the black album, but now, they are a relic, a former shell of themselves, an band that lives on because of what they did 20 years ago, dont get me wrong, i like some of their newer tunes ok and all, its just that, well, its not metallica, and i understand forward growth musically, but how come they put out 5 kick ass metal albums, then all the sudden, its suck fest

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score

Wa..Wa.....Wa Wa Wa Waaaa Waaaaaaaa....
Wa........Wa........Wa Wa Wa Waaaa Waaaaaaaa....
Digly Digly Digly...Wa Waaaaa....
Digly Wa Waaa

Great Movie, BTW!

')