'The Ecstasy of Gold'- Metallica

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Their clean sound is so awful. They've never had a nice clean tone, really.
That was kind of boring, really. I would have hoped that after having that as show intro music for so long they would have come up with something better than that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I actually heard that the new album is supposed to have a Master of Puppets sound and feel to it. MAYBE Metallica finally woke up and remembered that the fans opinions actually matter. Without us buying their POS CD's, they no makie no money.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
you know better than that!! and if the new album does rock hard, its cuz they want money, they have already shown us what kind of music they really want to play, coming back to it, for me , just wouldnt feel authentic

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
I am actually really looking forward to hearing this new album. The 2 live clips I heard reminded me a lot of Kill Em all. I won't make and judgments until I hear it.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't listen, Regor, but Metallica have been working on a new album with Rick Ruben for rather a while now. I suspect this is from it, either a leak or the lead single.

EDIT - listening - I take it back, this sounds like it's a cover of some of the actual music from the movie. Pity - it's an awesome score, it's just Metalica's kind of slaughtering it here...

Metallica has used the actual orchestral recording for years as their intro music. Since the black album tour IIRC.

This is just an instrumental metal version of the theme from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Metallica's made some decent covers in the last 10 years (Whiskey in the Jar & Die My Darling were great IMO), I want to hear them write something original that kicks ass again.

Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yIOg9KMLQk :hbang:

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
that was all around terrible. im not a big fan of call and response between a guitarist and a singer on a studio recording. and kirks tone is terrible. and that freakin wah. if it sounded better, i wouldnt mind but it sounds like an unmodded Original Crybaby, (IMO sucks)

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
well, Lars isn't using a garbage can lid for a snare anymore...

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
Didn't Mustaine write most of that song(RTL title track)? :lol:

He claims Metallica has/had stole many riffs and songs off of him over the years. Every Mustaine interview I have seen where he talks about Metallica, he mentions it. And I am starting to believe the guy more and more. Mustaine is the man, always will be, and it wouldn't suprise me to hear that more than one or two riffs have been stolen over the years.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I still love Metallica. Justice... was/still is one of my favourite albums along with MoP. But anything after the Black Album pretty much sucked majorly.

I'd like to think Metallica still have a few good, solid albums left in them. But they certainly need to pull something out of the bag on this new one. Even if its just to prove a major point.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
That was seriously awful. Why the hell can't they get a good mix anymore either?

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Seriously, it has been my opinion for several years, that Metallica's tone since the Black Album has just been ATTROCIOUSLY bad.

And not just live, either (though live is even worse). The tone is just... yeesh. How do you make EMGs sound that terrible?

jaredowty

Reaction score
He claims Metallica has/had stole many riffs and songs off of him over the years. Every Mustaine interview I have seen where he talks about Metallica, he mentions it. And I am starting to believe the guy more and more. Mustaine is the man, always will be, and it wouldn't suprise me to hear that more than one or two riffs have been stolen over the years.

Mustaine is the man, but he's also full of shit. This is the same guy who says he invented spider riffing and that "whammy bars are for guys who can't solo". Mustaine is credited for every song he contributed to, mostly on Kill Em' All, and two off RTL (Call of Ktulu and the title track). After that, it was all from the other guys.

This thread reminds me of something funny, that also explains why Metallica has sucked for the last 15 years...

http://members.tripod.com/~gravyboat/meTallica/meTallica.html

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio about a week or two ago. Anyone know where you can get a copy of it from? I don't remember this being on the S&M Album. Where's it from?

It's the first single off of their new CD. :ugh:

')