The ESP beast has landed!!!

• Thread starter Ross82
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DanielKRego

Reaction score
It is noticably narrower, but not uncomfortably so. It only takes a little while of playing for your brain to remap the dimensions of the string spacings and you shouldn't have a problem. The same applies to finger picking too. On initialy trying it i was plucking the odd wrong string here and there but it didnt take long for me to get used to it and adjust.

After having not played guitar at all for over 6 months, and not playing electric properly for years, i've got back up to speed suprisingly quickly and the cramps and spasms are reducing nicely. I think the narrower neck on the NT-7 has definately made it easier to get back into it.

As always i would say to try and play before you buy, especialy at this sort of price range, purely for personal reasurance. But i've found my NT to be an excellent quality guitar all round and well worth the money.

Any more questions and i'll gladly try and help :)

That's great to hear, because I've never owned a 7 string before, so if this is my first, I should feel right at home with the 45mm nut. I was just concerned with the nut being perceived as 'too' small for a 7 string, leading to cramping issues. But from what you're saying, I don't need to worry about that. Thanks :)

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Im Royal Welsh mate :eek:)

Aye sorry about that, missed the bit where you gave your full unit name up above.

Badass historic title as well... Rorke's Drift has to be up there with the Battle of Trafalgar in terms of historic importance and legacy within the British Forces. Very cool.

ev1ltwin

Sad Redskins Fan
Reaction score
nice guitar dude. how's the 45mm nut? I always though that was kinda small for a 7.

Hubbas

Reaction score
I feel the envy flowing though my veins!!!

Yeah me to! i also wanna get shot :( . nah just kidding, always wanted one of those! i didn't dig the stephen guitars that much but this seems AWESOME, to expensive for me tho

five_magics

Reaction score
Actually, you're right, it wouldn't affect string spacing near the bridge much. But yes, I'm also concerned about spacing near the nut. I wouldn't want the fretboard to feel 'cramped'. I can imagine that to be disorienting and uncomfortable.

When you do test the NT-7, please post your observations here. Thanks!

The store where I was going to try the NT7 doesn't have it in stock anymore :mad:
I really wanted to see for myself if the 45mm nut is an issue :mad:
I'm scared it might feel weird for a second seven after a Loomis.

')