The ESP beast has landed!!!

• Thread starter Ross82
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ross82

Reaction score
6 months in Afghanistan and being shot in the arm has finaly paid off!! My spanking new NT-7 arrived!!

It feels and looks awesome but i haven't heard it properly since the amp i ordered had a smashed valve in it which had to be replaced, its supposed to be here tomorrow but if its not im looking at waiting till Monday before i hear this monster done justice!!

Attachments

• IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    912.7 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    686 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    941.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    948.1 KB · Views: 227

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
congrats man. and thanks for your service in the sandbox:yesway:

one of my best friends got his purple heart back in iraq in 2006. thankfully hes not hurt to the point where he cant function, but it came damn close lol.

enjoy your disability checks from the VA lol. go buy some shweet gear with em!

Reaction score
Very nice man! Am jealous.
And thank you for the service! Did you make a full recovery?

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Congrats dude!

Thank you for the service for our country soldier!!! :yesway:
:usa:

God Bless, Xiphos68

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
That's probably one of the nicest black 7's I've ever seen. Congrats!

Ross82

Reaction score
Cheers guys, though im in the UK forces but we're all on the same team. I did work with some US guys and my girlfriend is Canadian :D

Im still having physio but im on the mend, the round went straight through my right bicep and out the back of the tricep and missed the bone and major nerves/arteries, just did a fair bit of muscle damage so i have to build it all up again. A million dollar shot the surgeon said but i doubt i'll get anywhere near that ;o)

Oh and it's pretty surreal being shot, felt like someone punched me really hard in the arm and my arm went dead straight away. Trying to fire my rifle was a real mission. All told i took 13 rounds, 1 through the arm, 1 just skimmed my arm left a burn and scar and i took 11 in my backpack which i didn't believe till i saw my kit when i got it back just the other day.

One very close call and lucky no one else in the patrol was hit and i wasn't hit any worse.

Being point man sucks though!!! ;o)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Funny how its just assumed all the guys in the war are Americans lol. I figured you were a Brit when you wrote valve instead of tube ;)

Sweet axe man and I hope you enjoy it.

So are you done now or just getting patched up and sent back?

Might-is-Right

As a Lion...
Reaction score
Nice guitar. Hard earned!

And I second everyone's sentiments of thanks for your service, even if your not an American LOL

Ross82

Reaction score
Funny how its just assumed all the guys in the war are Americans lol. I figured you were a Brit when you wrote valve instead of tube ;)

Sweet axe man and I hope you enjoy it.

So are you done now or just getting patched up and sent back?

Haha, yeah thats a bit of a give away. Im all done now, there wasnt enough time for me to recover and get back out there before the end of the tour. The rest of my company comes home in 20 days and then thats the end of our Afghan fun.:agreed:

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
congrats on your new purchases, hope you get that amp in soon! nothing worse than buying a new guitar and not being able to hear it :(

congrats on making a recovery as well. i got very very lucky in my time and several of my friends weren't as lucky. glad the bullet avoided giving you major nerve damage.

Mr Violence

Reaction score
13 rounds? I would've shit my pants dude. I'm glad you're safe. It's ad nauseum but thanks for serving the country.

Enjoy the axe. Play it for AMERICA.

')