The EVH 5150 III Owners Thread

Brody

Reaction score
I looked around and couldn't really find an official EVH thread. I did find a 5150 owners thread but any of us who have a 5153 know that its nothing like the old ones, or the II's, or the 6505s... They are truly a monster in their own category.

So I would like to reserve this space for pictures, sound clips, videos, FAQs, and articles relating to the 5150 III.

So I will start, here is my pride and joy:

74202_526274774050847_2016843820_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Hey I'm about to take the plunge this week and get mine!! A 50 watterer.

But I cannot find any Mexican cabs in the Uk. So I'm going to get a zilla fat boy.

But speakers should I put in it? I guess vintage 30s are the standard? They're 60 watt so they would hold up if I get a more power amp.

But what are greenbacks or the 30 watt heritage (in the evh cab) like?

I guess I don't like speaker breakup as I like a controlled sound.

Im not after a specific tone, just an all round sound for gigging. But then focusing on a nice fat but direct metal tone for metal band.

Please help!!

CM_X5

Reaction score
Well instead of posting a NGD thread I'll just post it here. Just got this a few weeks ago and I've never been happier with an amp. Sometimes I regret not getting the white one but this looks better with my cab/pedalboard.

NSwmWqj.jpg

I also had a small issue that the store I bought it from resolved quickly. Every single one of the knobs had a crack in them like this:
8yBp57A.jpg

They changed all the knobs with new ones and told me this has happened before and Fender sent them a bunch of replacements for this exact situation. Also while I was at the store the guy helping me mentioned the interesting serial number it has, 009666. :hbang:

I think one day I may debadge the front grille or whatever it's called and try to get some red LED's inside. Sorta the way a Diamond or Hughes & Kettner heads have that light glowing inside.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Hey I'm about to take the plunge this week and get mine!! A 50 watterer.

But I cannot find any Mexican cabs in the Uk. So I'm going to get a zilla fat boy.

But speakers should I put in it? I guess vintage 30s are the standard? They're 60 watt so they would hold up if I get a more power amp.

But what are greenbacks or the 30 watt heritage (in the evh cab) like?

I guess I don't like speaker breakup as I like a controlled sound.

Im not after a specific tone, just an all round sound for gigging. But then focusing on a nice fat but direct metal tone for metal band.

Please help!!

V30's are always a good choice for all-around metal! However, if you need more versatility or a wider spectrum of frequencies, I'd pair a V30 with a more bass/low-mid focused speaker like a Swamp Thang, or even a bass/treble focused one such as a Celestion 75 like in an Uberkab.

CM_X5

Reaction score
V30's are always a good choice for all-around metal! However, if you need more versatility or a wider spectrum of frequencies, I'd pair a V30 with a more bass/low-mid focused speaker like a Swamp Thang, or even a bass/treble focused one such as a Celestion 75 like in an Uberkab.

I second this. I personally use a V30 paired with an Eminence Legend V12. Perfect match to my ears.

beevare

Reaction score
my ivory 50watter crushes my mark iv...maybe one day ill post pics of my rig

Brody

Reaction score
Has anybody else had troubles with the footswitch on the 100 watt 5153? I was having this channel "sticking" problem where it would stay stuck on one channel, even when I clicked another channel it would switch to the other channel, then snap right back. I took the pedal to an authorized fender repair shop and they replaced my peda. It worked for a while but now it seems to be doing it again from time to time. Luckily I use a midi setup now to control everything, but it just bothers me knowing that my footswitch might not work.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Possibly, saw it in french as a kid so I have no clue what the original title was. ^^
Movie should be something like 30-35 years old. ^^
Edit; googled it, that's it. ^^

Latest posts

')