The EVH 5150 III Owners Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wickedout2014

Reaction score
I'm especially glad to hear this, because I also have a Schecter Hellraiser with EMGs. I'm not loving them much lately but that may be because I'm playing through a *gasp* Line 6 Spider (don't shoot me)

So I'm psyched to get mine and see how epically ballsy they sound with the amp :)

You're gonna love the 5153 amp man. Put that Line 6 in the closet. I use my 5153 for practices and gigs. Or just jam sessions with friends. It's an amazing little beast of an amp. I've only got like 15 hours of play time with it, until it's fully broken in. That's ok with me because I just love to play. Posts up some pictures of your new beast when it arrives. :metal:

Insinfier

Reaction score
Ok I've had a chance to riff all my guitars with my amp and cabinet. My Schecter Hellraiser has lots of balls that's all I can say. And those active EMG's. kick some serious ass. It's a whole different sound from my Gibson's and my PRS. Don't get me wrong they all sound pretty good. I'm just loving the tone my Schecter is pushing paired up with my EVH 5153. Just wanted to share! :metal:

My OG Schecter Loomis with Blackouts + 5150 III. :yesway:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
i love my evh but my ch 2 sounds horrible with the pickups i have. I have had it looked at and it just does not work.

Weird :scratch: I use a C-Pig into my Vietnamese 5153 mini and I love the blue channel for a change of pace from the Red. What is it that you don't like about it?

Unrelated, but I forgot to post this up until earlier today :lol: I finally got around to packing my head with foam to fill the empty space in my road case like so:

20140502_125200_LLS.jpg

Not the prettiest thing ever, but at least the head is snug in there :)

Wickedout2014

Reaction score
i love my evh but my ch 2 sounds horrible with the pickups i have. I have had it looked at and it just does not work.

Here's a great demo on this matter. I haven't tried this yet. I'd send it back if I was you. Have a professional look at it. I know there's lots of green/blue channel volume jump that most peeps don't like and this guy on this video did a pretty cool mod. I love my blue channel. It works great and sounds awesome.

Check out his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yPglwX7ZB8#t=70

Insinfier

Reaction score
Dear EVH/Fender.

Rackmount <50 watt 5150 III.

Go all out. Just saturate the market with 5153s at so many price points. :lol:

k, thx
this guy

Tuco Borborygmus

I don't read posts!!
Reaction score
I find myself playing the green channel with the gain and mids dimed a LOT lately.
Usually it's all talk of blue and red.

C'mon show some love for the green!!!

That is all...

edit: insert 'oh no, not another effin 5150iii thread' answer somewhere strategically below..

Last edited:

Insinfier

Reaction score
Blue wins cause it's the prettiest of all the LEDs.

But oh man, the effects LED on the footswitch is also a sexy ....ing beast...

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
Update to my EVH 50 watt purchase. Traded my EVH 2x12 for one EVH 1x12 and one Orange 112. Boosting the head with a TS9. This setup is great, very versatile. Goes from beautiful rich cleans to melt your face. The two separate cabs are easy to transport in my small car.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Update to my EVH 50 watt purchase. Traded my EVH 2x12 for one EVH 1x12 and one Orange 112. Boosting the head with a TS9. This setup is great, very versatile. Goes from beautiful rich cleans to melt your face. The two separate cabs are easy to transport in my small car.
Nice set up. Finally cranked my 50 watt up today and wow this thing puts out some tone and volume. I'm actually debating exchanging my EVH 2x12 for the 4x12 or just getting a second 2x12 and stacking them. I don't gig anymore but I do love the look and sound of a full half stack.

Tuco Borborygmus

I don't read posts!!
Reaction score
Nice set up. Finally cranked my 50 watt up today and wow this thing puts out some tone and volume. I'm actually debating exchanging my EVH 2x12 for the 4x12 or just getting a second 2x12 and stacking them. I don't gig anymore but I do love the look and sound of a full half stack.
I want the 4x12 for my 2x12 to sit a top of!!

Insinfier

Reaction score
I wonder how it would sound if I combined the EVH 212 with my PRS 212 (V30s)...

mniel8195

Reaction score
Here's a great demo on this matter. I haven't tried this yet. I'd send it back if I was you. Have a professional look at it. I know there's lots of green/blue channel volume jump that most peeps don't like and this guy on this video did a pretty cool mod. I love my blue channel. It works great and sounds awesome.

Check out his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yPglwX7ZB8#t=70

It has nothing to do with the volume jump. When I hit power chords on the lowers strings the amps farts out and get broken up almost like the speaker is dying on me. Apparently I am not the only one with this issue. I took it to a tech and he didn't really have an answer for me. I can't send it to fender because I purchased it used and don't have the transferable warranty. I also have new tubes that are properly biased.does anyone have a fix for me because I would like to use ch2!

Wickedout2014

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the volume jump. When I hit power chords on the lowers strings the amps farts out and get broken up almost like the speaker is dying on me. Apparently I am not the only one with this issue. I took it to a tech and he didn't really have an answer for me. I can't send it to fender because I purchased it used and don't have the transferable warranty. I also have new tubes that are properly biased.does anyone have a fix for me because I would like to use ch2!

Maybe you just bought a bad used EVH amp. That's one reason I don't always by use. When you bought this amp the blue channel worked fine didn't it? And now it doesn't work. Take it to another tech and get a 2nd opinion.

Tuco Borborygmus

I don't read posts!!
Reaction score
Shoot Howard Kaplan a PM via TGP.
There are a couple of VAST threads about these amp's where he regularly posts.
He's always glad to help people out with his knowledge/advice etc
Gotta be worth a try..

mniel8195

Reaction score
thank you! TGP will never send me my confirmation email to become a forum member so i sent an email over to him. Anway i am playing ch 3 right now in my apartment at low volume and it sounds insane. I am digging these settings for at home use. low 8, mid 4, treble max, pres max. gain 4. Using maxon 808 in front with ceramic warpig i have to set the maxon around unity gain. This amps sounds equally cool without the boost. You really have to dime the bass with this thing if you have high output ceramic warpigs and still want to use a boost.

')