The Expanse

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to see that there wasn't a thread for this show. Season 5 debuted last night on Amazon Prime, and it's an excellent start to the season. I'm actually really glad that they went back to the old one episode per week model (aside from releasing the first 3 episodes at once, kinda like The Boys season 2), as opposed to season 4 which was released all at once.

Y'all watching this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Only read the first book and it was amazing. I need to re-read it then get to the rest of the series. Haven’t seen the show but heard it’s amazing.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I’m so behind on this. I’m half way through S3 so I’ll put it on my holiday list to watch.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also very behind but haven't touched it since this spring. I'm a little more than half way through season 2 (after the events that are the end of the first book. I thought it was really weird how they did that because it makes the pacing of the second season weird but otherwise it's enjoyable.

My gf and I had some other things come up to watch so we shelved this until later. Now I'm not gonna know wtf is going on when I come back to it. I will say that some production stuff is a bit distracting but I just need to remind myself that it was on SyFy.

Millul

Reaction score
Have not touched the show, but I've read all the books during the March-April lockdown, and REALLY liked them - looking forward to reading the (last?) one once it comes out!

jaxadam

Reaction score
My wife loves this show, and she will be very happy to know that season 5 is out.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the show, even if it's very different from the books in many ways. I look forward to digesting season 5.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Might have certain differences from the books, but still the show is amazing. I am really glad to see them continue and get better at it. Excellent casting, excellent acting and they are getting better and better in the CGI part.

It needs some kind of dedication (and a certain attention span) for someone to like it though. I have suggested it to a lot of friends/people, only one guy did watch more than one episode.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I'm a few eps into S5....I don't know if I care about whatever it is they are trying to do yet.

ResistentialAssultSquadron

I like not this news, bring me some other news
Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to see that there wasn't a thread for this show. Season 5 debuted last night on Amazon Prime, and it's an excellent start to the season. I'm actually really glad that they went back to the old one episode per week model (aside from releasing the first 3 episodes at once, kinda like The Boys season 2), as opposed to season 4 which was released all at once.

Y'all watching this?

Ive been hooked since season 1...best scifi show current, and def fit to be an all-time great.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I heard it was hard to follow but gave it a show anyway...damn, incredibly obtuse. I was so confused. Maybe about halfway through the season things started to make sense. Then when the season ended I was waiting for season 2 to kick in which wasn't happening for some reason. And that's when I realized I had just watched Season 5 since I got confused by Amazon Prime JP's all Japanese interface.

Now I'm on season 1 but seeing a lot of faces I know ain't around by season 5...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard it was hard to follow but gave it a show anyway...damn, incredibly obtuse. I was so confused. Maybe about halfway through the season things started to make sense. Then when the season ended I was waiting for season 2 to kick in which wasn't happening for some reason. And that's when I realized I had just watched Season 5 since I got confused by Amazon Prime JP's all Japanese interface.

Now I'm on season 1 but seeing a lot of faces I know ain't around by season 5...
Oh man, that's rough. :rofl:

I had a similar experience. Me and my brother-in-law decided to give the first episode "The Boys" a go. After it finished, all I could really remark was "holy crap, that was SOAPY". Only a year later did I realize that we'd actually watched the last episode of the season, not the first, because my sister had watched the entire series, and so the autoplay was set to the last episode.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Oh man, that's rough. :rofl:

I had a similar experience. Me and my brother-in-law decided to give the first episode "The Boys" a go. After it finished, all I could really remark was "holy crap, that was SOAPY". Only a year later did I realize that we'd actually watched the last episode of the season, not the first, because my sister had watched the entire series, and so the autoplay was set to the last episode.

Ha, yea. To be honest, could have been a lot worse. Imagine if I had started something like Battlestar Galactica from the last season...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure how I never commented in here as I love the show... by far the best scifi series currently airing.

Finally getting around to reading the books now :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
A little over the midpoint of season 3 now. Not a fan of how they clearly ended the plot of the first 2 books in the middle of seasons 2 and 3. Kinda kills the flow for me but maybe they weren't sure if they'd get a season 2 out of the gate and only planned so much. Still enjoying it, though.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I remember reading the first book years ago and bouncing off it, kinda hating Holden and Miller, despite liking everything else. Now I fucking love the show and wanna go back and give the book a second a chance.

Still think Holden is the weakest of the main cast but Thomas Jane went a long way in getting me to like Miller.

Latest posts

')