The Explorer shapes fans thread

• Thread starter MrBouleDeBowling
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RRD

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Current Explorers

Attachments

• 20240607_183737.jpg
    20240607_183737.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
Welp, here’s explorer #5. Don’t want to start a whole new thread. Feels kind of dickish. Anyway, got a good deal on an Epi Thunderhorse. It needed a little TLC, but it’ll do.

Debating whether to put my extra EMG 57/66 set into it.

I’ve completed my silverburst Trifecta.

Attachments

• IMG_8385.jpeg
    IMG_8385.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 40

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welp, here’s explorer #5. Don’t want to start a whole new thread. Feels kind of dickish. Anyway, got a good deal on an Epi Thunderhorse. It needed a little TLC, but it’ll do.

Debating whether to put my extra EMG 57/66 set into it.

I’ve completed my silverburst Trifecta.

What a gorgeous collection. Congrats!

I thought all Explorer Customs would come with mother of pearl Blocks or did you got a M2M ? Does it come with the typical 498T/490R combo ?

KIMERA666

Reaction score
Explorers or death. Best shape ever.

View attachment 127171

Left to right:
-Epiphone 58 explorer I bought from a guy at school when I was 13. Stock everything, sounds terrible.
-Excalibur, my personal Frankenstein 7-string HSH Explorer with all Gotoh hardware and a 10-way switch. Duncan JB/Jazz and a DiMarzio Blaze single. Super heavy Ash body and maple set neck, way brighter than a normal Explorer, more like a typical shred guitar but with lots of body and huge resonance.
-Jackson Brandon Ellis Kelly, stock PATB1, tuners and trem arm switched, since upgraded with some FU-Tone titanium bits. Excellent lead guitar tone, super fast neck.

I also love Vs and Stars, none of the latter as of yet though.

View attachment 127172
where did you get that explorer 7 string body???

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
What a gorgeous collection. Congrats!

I thought all Explorer Customs would come with mother of pearl Blocks or did you got a M2M ? Does it come with the typical 498T/490R combo ?
Are you talking about the Thunderhorse? Its just an epiphone. I think it comes with burstbuckers. I have 4 other explorers.

One is totally custom by a small luthier (there’s a thread somewhere for it) and there’s one I customized my self by refinishing and rewiring it.

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Thunderhorse? Its just an epiphone. I think it comes with burstbuckers. I have 4 other explorers.

One is totally custom by a small luthier (there’s a thread somewhere for it) and there’s one I customized my self by refinishing and rewiring it.

i was so focused on the Pic I didn't even notice you were referring to the Epiphone :lol:. It's does not matter which brand it is the guitar is gorgeous.

')