The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

hmmmmmmm

Reaction score
Well at least we can both agree on other members knowing about the issues and not caring or thinking it'd be different for them. What was the show like? Was everything tense on stage between them or was it just a bunch of guys looking done with the entire situation? Did they at least play the songs proficiently? I'd imagine Keene was the weakest link in that lineup.

Because we live in a capitalist society, people will ignore character in favor of making money and gaining notoriety, yes. Especially if it means getting paid to travel the world playing guitar, and of course getting pussay.

The show was lol. They were sloppy. Keene's mic and guitar would cut out and he was MAD. Brewer was trying not to laugh but couldn't contain himself. After the show the band was like "Why are we doing this?" I think it was Rudinger who said it but could be wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I do find it hard to feel bad for the people that willingly join The Faceless, if this shit was as well known in the community as some of you say it was then why would anyone be surprised when things start to go south?

Why do some people stay in abusive / manipulative relationships?
Why do some people stay in the same entry level position, and never shop around?
Why does the 'friend zone' exist?
Why are so many stupid startups are clearly dumb ideas?
Why are some people hooked on gambling?

Optimism.

"This isn't him, he's going through a phase."
"They'll notice me eventually."
"She'll realize what she's missing one day."
"It's just ahead of it's time."
"It's a 50/50 chance- and I've lost the last 4, the next one has to be a winner."

When someone tells you they're trying to make a positive change, especially someone you look up to in any capacity, sometimes it's hard to doubt them.
So yeah, although they must have known what they were getting into, I can't help but feel bad for the guys.

Reaction score
Because we live in a capitalist society, people will ignore character in favor of making money and gaining notoriety, yes. Especially if it means getting paid to travel the world playing guitar, and of course getting pussay.

The show was lol. They were sloppy. Keene's mic and guitar would cut out and he was MAD. Brewer was trying not to laugh but couldn't contain himself. After the show the band was like "Why are we doing this?" I think it was Rudinger who said it but could be wrong.
Yea that's true, at least its worked out a little better for Justin than the rest. The Zenith Passage already do The Faceless better than The Faceless so I've got no doubt that they'll end up being the more popular band by the time they release their next album. Its a little shitty for Brewer to be laughing but considering everything the band had to deal with I don't blame him. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't laughed at someone in a shitty situation after they had fucked me around. When you say the band asked "why are we doing this" was it in a literal sense like they said it after the show where people could hear them talking about it or did they just include that in the "we quit" statement?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
For all the people who have wanted direct evidence from a former member before jumping to conclusions: THERE YOU GO. SIT DOWN AND TAKE A SEAT FOREVER.

Of all people, it's Justin too. I knew Justin when Zenith first started and I have their first demo. Dude is really the nicest and humblest.

If you really just wanted this to be true so you could say you were right and others were wrong I'd wager there's something seriously wrong with your moral compass in the first place.

I'm all for people getting what they deserve, and it's now clear Keene is a shitty person. But excuse me for being empathetic to a musician I dig in the face of 'I was there bro, I've been part of this community for x years and everyone spreads the same rumors in the area' pseudo-facts.

Keene confirmed his battle with addiction recently in an interview, and now ex-members are being more open about their treatment. Which is horrible and inexcusable, but it's as you say, there was no firsthand recount of the behavior sans the addiction before this past week. So, sorry but a part of me cringes when people act like they have insider information because they're part of a 'scene'. I don't trust information unless it's being revealed as it is now, because people can be petty and spread false rumors easily.

But anyways, really foolish for people to be this eager to jump on the train after this is all coming to light. The band needs to be put on hiatus and the dude needs a few years of rehab before he even considers going around the metal environment again.

Last edited:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
But anyways, really foolish for people to be this eager to jump on the train after this is all coming to light. The band needs to be put on hiatus and the dude needs a few years of rehab before he even considers going around the metal environment again.

QFT.
I'm pretty sure this new latest reformation is a mistake. I get not wanting to cancel the shows- but...priorities, man.
If he's remotely serious about the 'recovering' part of 'recovering drug addict' he needs to go whole hog and check into a facility.

hmmmmmmm

Reaction score
If you really just wanted this to be true so you could say you were right and others were wrong I'd wager there's something seriously wrong with your moral compass in the first place.

I'm all for people getting what they deserve, and it's now clear Keene is a shitty person. But excuse me for being empathetic to a musician I dig in the face of 'I was there bro, I've been part of this community for x years and everyone spreads the same rumors in the area' pseudo-facts.

Keene confirmed his battle with addiction recently in an interview, and now ex-members are being more open about their treatment. Which is horrible and inexcusable, but it's as you say, there was no firsthand recount of the behavior sans the addiction before this past week. So, sorry but a part of me cringes when people act like they have insider information because they're part of a 'scene'. I don't trust information unless it's being revealed as it is now, because people can be petty and spread false rumors easily.

I wanted one musician to step up with more than lame PR bullshit responses for once. There's been evidence Keene has exhibited druggie behavior for a long time, it's not my fault you don't know how the world works.

On FB, IG, and here you see people come out and say Keene stole money from them, just not members themselves probably because Sumerian makes musicians sign NDAs.

I can't imagine how many comments Keene and Sumerians social media team has deleted with complaints of stealing money from lessons, shows, and gear. It has been said before but Keene is a PR person's personal hell.

No sympathy for druggies. None.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I wanted one musician to step up with more than lame PR bullshit responses for once. There's been evidence Keene has exhibited druggie behavior for a long time, it's not my fault you don't know how the world works.

On FB, IG, and here you see people come out and say Keene stole money from them, just not members themselves probably because Sumerian makes musicians sign NDAs.

I can't imagine how many comments Keene and Sumerians social media team has deleted with complaints of stealing money from lessons, shows, and gear. It has been said before but Keene is a PR person's personal hell.

No sympathy for druggies. None.

I also don't follow this band and their members as much as some people here seem to, the only person I picked up on and still follow on social media is Wes because his playing inspires me. But even with my activity on this thread and the few times I've visited the Faceless Facebook page, I've never come across all this evidence you keep citing. Just you and if I recall someone else in this thread saying they know a guy who was there when something happened.

The crap about him stealing from his fans and others should definitely be aired. But the rest, like his addiction and obviously the stuff the bandmates can't talk about due to their contractual agreements should be kept and handled privately. Maybe it's time Sumerian steps up and intervenes before Keene implodes and something truly regrettable happens. Coming from a guy who lost a family member and almost lost another to addiction in the last few years, people like these need to be forced to rehabilitate if it comes down to it if those people give a single fuck about the addict.

Reaction score
On FB, IG, and here you see people come out and say Keene stole money from them, just not members themselves probably because Sumerian makes musicians sign NDAs..
Just for the record, I've never doubted Keene stealing money from fans. You don't get tons of comments from people saying that he stole money from them without it being true in most if not all cases. My main issue was the, at the time, unfounded rumors of him being an addict.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
Just for the record, I’ve never doubted that Keene having drug problems. You don't get tons of comments from people saying that he’s a drug addict without it being true in most if not all cases. My main issue was the, at the time, unfounded rumors of him stealing from fans.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
Well...If I plainly pointed out the hypocrisy in cherry-picking one of two points of gossip to believe while claiming to be above the other, you’d just have something stupid to say to that, too. If illustrating that point by repeating your own post is a more fun way of getting it across to someone who is going to dismiss it anyway, then why not?

I don’t even see the point in pretending the sentiment is sarcastic in order to dismiss it - I mean, you used sarcasm to state that sarcasm is lame; so even if you don’t know how to use it, you at least know what it is. I don’t think I’m in any real danger of stealing someone’s thunder in this gossip column.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
^ Your posts are ten times longer than they need to be, and I don’t think there’s anyone here that actually thinks you’re witty or even amusing. You come off as someone that enjoys the smell of their own farts. Can you try posting things that aren’t unnecessarily long-winded? Thanks, dude.

Reaction score
Well...If I plainly pointed out the hypocrisy in cherry-picking one of two points of gossip to believe while claiming to be above the other, you’d just have something stupid to say to that, too. If illustrating that point by repeating your own post is a more fun way of getting it across to someone who is going to dismiss it anyway, then why not?
Which is more likely to be believed: several people(10+) saying he stole money from them with proof to back it up, screenshots, emails etc or a couple people accusing him of being addicted to one of the worst drugs out there with no other proof than "a guy I know said so" or "I've been in the scene for 10+years, just trust me". They both ended up being true but which is more believable? The accusation with proof or the ones without?

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
I don’t even see the point in pretending the sentiment is sarcastic in order to dismiss it - I mean, you used sarcasm to state that sarcasm is lame; so even if you don’t know how to use it, you at least know what it is. I don’t think I’m in any real danger of stealing someone’s thunder in this gossip column.

I don't think anyone here thinks that. You're just fucking annoying. In every column.

Last edited:

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
^ Your posts are ten times longer than they need to be, and I don’t think there’s anyone here that actually thinks you’re witty or even amusing. You come off as someone that enjoys the smell of their own farts. Can you try posting things that aren’t unnecessarily long-winded? Thanks, dude.

Don’t mention it :)

')