The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Wow, that's not looking good. I wonder what is driving Keene to push on with the tour? Could be any number of things...a reluctance to admit he has a problem, a belief he can cope with the withdrawals, or just simply a need for the money. I'm assuming it's not for a love of playing/touring since, by most accounts, it sounds like he's not happy with his performances.

Hope he gets the help he needs. The fanbase has been completely obliging of numerous no-shows and half-assed appearances. He's in a lucky position to have such a patient audience. I don't think many folks would fault him for taking some time from the band to do some rehab and get better.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
So...they were basically a cover band. Albeit, a good cover band.
They actually sound really damn good. But the Faceless is just hired guns and in an ironic turn around, Keene is replaceable for playing it. He does need to get off the road and it seems like this is a win-win for EJ: they play the material, Keene gets writing credits and a cut for the Faceless Experience, but gets Keene in rehab where he belongs.

He'd have to learn the songs.
giphy.gif

brector

Reaction score
Wow, that's not looking good. I wonder what is driving Keene to push on with the tour? Could be any number of things...a reluctance to admit he has a problem, a belief he can cope with the withdrawals, or just simply a need for the money. I'm assuming it's not for a love of playing/touring since, by most accounts, it sounds like he's not happy with his performances.

Hope he gets the help he needs. The fanbase has been completely obliging of numerous no-shows and half-assed appearances. He's in a lucky position to have such a patient audience. I don't think many folks would fault him for taking some time from the band to do some rehab and get better.
Until an addict admits to everyone their problem, they think they can hide it :(

-Brian

downburst82

Reaction score
After some quick checking the cancelled show seems to be a Venue issue and legitimately not the bands fault? Weirdness...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
On the plus side, withdrawal means there's none in his system.
At the time.
So. There's that.

Something something small miracles?

')