The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Brian, I am disappointed. :(

:ugh:

Dude it's hard to say. Akeldama has more of a technical death metal feel to it (less prog) The production and guitar tone are a bit more raw, which suited such awesome tunes as "Pestilence" (personal favorite), "An Autopsy" and "Leica".

Planetary Duality was a superb follow up that made me like them for completely different reasons than Akeldama did. There is way more of a prog influence on this album, and the production definitely suits it. I drool over the lead work on such tracks as "Xenochrist", "The Acient Covenant", and "Planetary Duality Pt.1" (which I think has some of the best riffs I have every heard period).

I dunno, I love them both a lot, but I love the raw feel of Akeldama.:metal:

EDIT: and I liked their old logo better

Steve08

Reaction score
am i the only one who is absolutely stunned by akaldema and totally turned off by planetary duality?
Nope, you aren't. IMO Planetary Duality is still a decent if somewhat generic album. I much prefer Akeldama to it, but at the same time, there's other albums I like a lot more than Akeldama.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Planetary Duality>Akeldama
This is fact.
PD is quirky geniusly written and extremely unique tech-death. Akeldama is virging on generic metalcore/deathcore
And the mean-green-keane-machine plays so much better on Planetary

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Oh man, i can't wait!!!! Akeldama was a hell of a strong debut, but Planetary Duality is one of my favorite albums of all time. can't wait yaaay!!!

groph

Reaction score
Very excited to hear this whenever it drops, can't get enough of Michael Keenes solos!

This is true, I RARELY care about guitar solos but Keene's are incredible. His riffs are even better. Planetary Duality was so good.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Planetary Duality>Akeldama
This is fact.
PD is quirky geniusly written and extremely unique tech-death. Akeldama is virging on generic metalcore/deathcore

I find that quite ironic, because I thought Akeldama sounded much better, and quite unique, where Planetary Duality is very generic sounding to me. Aside from the crazy touchstyle bass parts, Planetary Duality has always sounded like a generic deathcore album to me. The keyboards on Akeldama definitely have something to do with it.

Encephalon5

Six String Bass Fish
Reaction score
All of their stuff is fantastic. They put on an amazing show. Seeing them for the second time this week at volume 11 in raleigh with suffocation, decrepit birth, fleshgod, etc. I'm fucking stoked about the new album. It's just crazy because you know they're going to top planetary duality, which was a fucking amazing album. By the way, can any of you guys spell leica phoenetically for me? Ive no clue how to pronounce it. nor do i have any idea what it meanss. lol

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I find that quite ironic, because I thought Akeldama sounded much better, and quite unique, where Planetary Duality is very generic sounding to me. Aside from the crazy touchstyle bass parts, Planetary Duality has always sounded like a generic deathcore album to me. The keyboards on Akeldama definitely have something to do with it.
you're insane :lol:

valder

Reaction score
All of their stuff is fantastic. They put on an amazing show. Seeing them for the second time this week at volume 11 in raleigh with suffocation, decrepit birth, fleshgod, etc. I'm fucking stoked about the new album. It's just crazy because you know they're going to top planetary duality, which was a fucking amazing album. By the way, can any of you guys spell leica phoenetically for me? Ive no clue how to pronounce it. nor do i have any idea what it meanss. lol

Lyka...at least im pretty sure

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
i will say, i did enjoy the keys that were on Akeldama, too. maybe we'll see some more this time around.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
holy shit... check that slap video out btw. this should be awesome, hopefully they aren't finished recording their new album yet.

Latest posts

')