The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

PTP

Reaction score
I really love the singing, definitely adds a whole new element to the awesomeness that is The Faceless!

However, I have a feeling some people are gonna give them shit for it because they're gonna view it as "selling out".:rolleyes:

Wouldn't they have said that about their last album, then?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Wouldn't they have said that about their last album, then?

Yep and they're saying it for this album too unfortunately. Just take a look at the comment section on youtube. There's quite a few ignorant posts saying: "singing is gay", "they sold out", "sounds like As I Lay Dying trying out a few odd time signatures and blast beats". :scratch:

The close-mindedness of some people never ceases to amaze me lol.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome track. One of the few Deathcore bands I can get into, and they have yet to disappoint.
The thing about the clean vocals is, they feel nature. They don't feel like they were tacked on to the song just for the hell of it, but they fit the sound they have perfectly.
And of course, awesome fusion-y solo near the ned.

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
Awesome track. One of the few Deathcore bands I can get into, and they have yet to disappoint.

I wouldn't call them deathcore....since there's nothing really "core" about them. But this track most certainly made me miss them haha.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
The leads, the vocals. This is why I love the fucking Faceless. I will say this is one of my most anticipated albums of this year, along with Opeth and In Flames' upcoming releases.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
This songs far from new(i know new album and such blah blah) they played it when I saw them with suffocation. Loved every second but they should totally release another song cause I find it hard to believe in the 4 or 5 months since that show they wouldn't have time to record another.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
Excellent excellent vocals, very nice dark vibe to the song as well. It's summerish outside but sitting here in the dark with the a/c on listening to this song made it feel fall/wintery, just like opeth does for me. Love shit like that.

Thanks for posting this.

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I liked this band way more when they had a keyboardist. That said, I'm still stoked for this.

Ext789

Reaction score
the clean vox sound a little shaky and somewhat out of place because of their tone. i hope for the album they get waaaaay better. love everything else about the song tho!

Mwoit

Reaction score
Looking forward to this loads. :yesway:

Is Michael singing all the clean vocals in the album? When I saw him live, in one of their songs from Planet Duality, he sang the clean line.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
Well, what are they supposed to call it, "HEY EVERYBODY, CHECK OUT OUR NEW, well technically old song because we've been playing it live for a while, but its still on the new album, SONG!"
:cool:
They're The Faceless they could call it the fluffy pink bunny song and no one would say a cross word about it.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Homeboy this ain't 2006, you betta tech yo self befo yo rec yoself.

If you call this song Deathcore, you crazy, you crazy. :lol:

Sumerian-core, sorry :rolleyes:
The fact that they get lumped into those bands sometimes makes me forget I need to separate them from the rest of the filth.

Selkoid

Reaction score
What an amazing track :O Can't wait for their new album, super excited for some epic bass from Evan Brewer.

Latest posts

')