The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anomynous

Reaction score
I don't know.

They said it was going to be a proggier album for a year+ before it came out, so "The Faceless can say they told you so"?

Reaction score
It’s kind of ironic: on Planetary all the drums were mic’d up and I didn’t sound-replace anything except the kick. And I’ve heard a lot of people say that the drums sound fake on Planetary which is weird to me because they’re not fake, they’re mic’d. Whereas on this one, I haven’t heard anyone say that and the drums actually were sound-replaced.
can some people really not tell the difference between real mic'd drums and programmed/sound replaced drums:scratch: i could tell they weren't real from the moment i heard them.

i really wish this would have been keenes solo album, it almost ruined the faceless for me.

isispelican

Reaction score
I just cant get over the fact that there is no production on this album, especially the drums sound so fucking horrible. Its just a waste of this very well written music.

chickenxnuggetz91

What kind of sauce?
Reaction score
First listen just blew me away. The 3 movements are such a great listen. Can't listen to the first without listening to the other 2. Don't even know how else to describe the album than it just so cool.:bowdown:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I think the album is awesome. It's no Planetary Duality but it's The Faceless and it's great. The first 5 tracks and Hymn Of Sanity are incredible.

I Voyager

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a more split fanbase opinion on one album than this one. :lol:

Autotheism got me into the Faceless, so I think pretty highly of it.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
Go ask 100 BTBAM fans what they think of The Silent Circus.

The Silent Circus rocks. I think most BTBAM fans, even if they prefer the Colors era, would agree.

^Silent Circus rocks. now go ask 100 what they think of Alaska, and you will see quite a divide

you should ask the BTBAM fans what album they are the most divided about to get the most divided answer it seems :lol:

I like Autotheism so far. I think it gets a lot of stick for not being Planetary Duality which is fine I guess but few bands make progressively (no pun) better records from the start to the end of their careers, and I don't really know what album could satisfy the ridiculous expectations people had either.

Yes Keene blabber emotions all time, ugh! production far from flawless across equalizer. ugh! For anyone with modest expectations this is a great album though and by no means are the Faceless now a shitty DM band no one cares about.

kcyrowolf

Reaction score
Autotheism blew me away at first. I 'really' liked the direction they were going with the more melodic approach, along with Keene's vocals. However the novelty wore off very quickly and now I'm not really sure what to think of it..

ScottyB724

Reaction score
I absolutely love pretty much everything about Autotheism. Super fanboy. Sure, I would have been happy with PD 2.0 but I think that would have gotten a bit stale after awhile. It's still very much The Faceless, just with more aspects of which were always present but in smaller doses on previous releases. But, I definitely can respect the opinions of those who are turned off by it.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
To be honest though, The Faceless is the one band where I would have loved to have a "Planetary Duality Pt. II". With bands like BOO, Periphery, etc it's cool to see them grow and try new things out but I would've been totally satisfied with another album in the vein of PD

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
ITT:
images

The Opeth-like direction was pretty clear from all the interviews, the song that was released a year before the album and all the live videos. I don't see why people are so surprised.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
To be honest though, The Faceless is the one band where I would have loved to have a "Planetary Duality Pt. II". With bands like BOO, Periphery, etc it's cool to see them grow and try new things out but I would've been totally satisfied with another album in the vein of PD
I think that might be because PD was really short.

Felt more like an EP.

I personally love the fact that it's short. It's the perfect length for that album IMO.

Autotheism, I have to admit, did not blow me away though.
I found the first three songs to be good despite the already pointed out "ripoffs" but the rest of the album just comes off really...meh.

Except for that Microsoft Sam song...I despise that song.

')