The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anomynous

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see this cover album this year, since everybody seems to be doing side projects.

anomynous

Reaction score
Seriously?

Even though those "break up" rumors were denied, seems more and more likely with the lack of activity. Wes gone, and Alex has Conquering Dystopia. Even though Keene is the band, this is dumb

EDIT:

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/29535/The-Faceless-Part-Ways-With-Wes-Hauch

THE FACELESS have parted ways with guitarist Wes Hauch and have commenced songwriting for their much-anticipated new full-length album. The band states: "THE FACELESS have officially parted ways with Wes. Things were moving in different directions and it seems that this is best for everyone. We wish him the best of luck and we know he's going to continue to do great things in music. Please keep supporting Wes in everything he does. We definitely will."

"We are also currently working on new music with bassist Evan Brewer, who is remaining a full-time member of the band, to clear up any confusion. The cover album has also been put on the back-burner in place of new original material. We are very excited with how things are coming together and will keep you all updated as things progress."

Seems to me like they're heading more and more towards straight up prog, and Wes is clearly a tech death guitarist. Ten Billion Years sounded way different than everything else on Autotheism.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That sucks, I was hoping to hear more of Wes' stuff on the upcoming releases. I mean, if Ten Billion Years is honestly the most Wes had any input on besides his end solo on Emancipate, I'm not too bothered. I love the other tracks on Autotheism, but it sucks we'll never get to see a full album with all of them working together on it.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Kind of makes you wonder :scratch:

Feel free to smack me down and I don't know anything beyond reading internet things but Keene needs to come back down to earth a little bit.

Silver lining, if he gives Brewer room to rip it'll be all gravy

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I really love Wes's style of playing, kinda bummed to hear that he left. :( I would've liked more of his leads on the next Faceless album, but it'll still be interesting what they come out with next either way.

revivalmode

Reaction score
That sucks, I was hoping to hear more of Wes' stuff on the upcoming releases. I mean, if Ten Billion Years is honestly the most Wes had any input on besides his end solo on Emancipate, I'm not too bothered. I love the other tracks on Autotheism, but it sucks we'll never get to see a full album with all of them working together on it.

This ^^

Serious bummer as I'm a huge Faceless fan and I really liked Wes having in the band, Ten Billion Years is a great song and I know it was originally written by Wes Hauch.

On a side note, he also played the solo on the latest song from Austrian Death Machine (Project from the vocalist of As I Lay Dying) and it sounds SO good :bowdown:

Austrian Death Machine - I'll Be Back - YouTube

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Anyone know what was in Wes' wall post in FB? It's been deleted.

Anyway, Wes is definitely one of the best guitarists I know. His technique is f'in flawless, and this is definitely a big hit for the Faceless. I had already thought that after the addition of Rüdinger this was "the lineup" for the Faceless... but apparently not.

It is known that Keene pretty much did everything writing-wise (almost everything on the first 2 albums, all but 1 song on Autotheism) so it shouldn't affect the songwriting much. The cover album is all Keene and I don't think Wes has done much for the new album either.

I can't help but recognize that Keene is a dickhead. I've actually confirmed this by an inside source (a Sumerian labelmate whom I've promised not to name). His words: "I don't know how his upbringing was, but let's just say that I've had several experiences with Keene that have been less than positive" And he's just a guy from another Sumerian band, not a guy in the Faceless. If it's hard to get along with Keene on tour (being in a different band than Keene), I can imagine it being hell to tour extensively in the same car if one guy's a control freak douchebag.

What I'm saying is, I don't think the 7 guys that have left the band by now have done so just because they "don't wanna do it anymore".

')