The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
I know the original image is fan-made, but given his reputation lately and the reaction Autotheism got (with most of the negativity being directed specifically at Keene), the timing really couldn't be any worse. If he'd done it 4 years ago he'd have gotten away with it for sure, but people love to rip on the dude right now and this will unfortunately lead to a billion more "Michael Keene Project" comments

oracles

Reaction score
I know the original image is fan-made, but given his reputation lately and the reaction Autotheism got (with most of the negativity being directed specifically at Keene), the timing really couldn't be any worse. If he'd done it 4 years ago he'd have gotten away with it for sure, but people love to rip on the dude right now and this will unfortunately lead to a billion more "Michael Keene Project" comments

There are just as many people who like Authotheism as those who dislike it. Is it my favourite Faceless record? No, but Planetary Duality will always be there to listen to, which is why I'm glad he didn't write PDII. He stuck to his artistic vision, and made the music he wanted to write, not the music his fans feel they're owed. No one is forcing you to listen to Autotheism, and it's not like you can't ever revisit the previous records.

Whether it be true or not, the "Michael Keene Project" comments are just as self serving as hating on Autotheism because it's not Planetary Duality II. Ultimately, The Faceless IS Keene's band, and that's never been a secret, especially to anyone who's been a part of the band. Keene may be somewhat of a narcissist, but does it really matter all that much? The guy writes great music, and it's not like he's heralding himself anywhere near as much as someone like Kanye West, who I'm sure really does believe he is the greatest possible gift to the universe.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Anyone onow if they are actually playing all the leads this tour, or is there an ass load of playback like last time?

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
There are just as many people who like Authotheism as those who dislike it. Is it my favourite Faceless record? No, but Planetary Duality will always be there to listen to, which is why I'm glad he didn't write PDII. He stuck to his artistic vision, and made the music he wanted to write, not the music his fans feel they're owed. No one is forcing you to listen to Autotheism, and it's not like you can't ever revisit the previous records.

Whether it be true or not, the "Michael Keene Project" comments are just as self serving as hating on Autotheism because it's not Planetary Duality II. Ultimately, The Faceless IS Keene's band, and that's never been a secret, especially to anyone who's been a part of the band. Keene may be somewhat of a narcissist, but does it really matter all that much? The guy writes great music, and it's not like he's heralding himself anywhere near as much as someone like Kanye West, who I'm sure really does believe he is the greatest possible gift to the universe.

You might have gotten the wrong impression from my post(s) because I agree with most of what you're saying. I'm aware that a lot of people did in fact like Autotheism, myself included, but that isn't the point I was making. What I was getting at is that the timing for these candles couldn't have been any worse given the backlash Autotheism got (and is still getting 2 years later) and the current reputation of Keene's character. As it stands right now, people love to hate Michael Keene and those people will see this as all the more reason to. Of course I could be wrong, but the comments on anything Faceless-related lately make it hard not to see this as less than stellar timing for this kind of joke.

Maku

Banned
Reaction score
If thats a joke I don´t get it. Don´t know what would be funny about making a candle with someone who is a rumored narcissist on it. And I´m an atheist so my points have nothing to do with religion.
where did u manage to get that much sand in your vagina?

i find it funny, that pic has been making me smirk ever since i first saw it, and keene is cool as ....

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
where did u manage to get that much sand in your vagina?

i find it funny, that pic has been making me smirk ever since i first saw it, and keene is cool as ....

Sorry but I usually laugh at funny things. But since my remarks are hurting your keene-fanboy-butt, I´ll consider this topic closed.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Kinda, except Keene is actually a talented musician who writes his own music.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Holy ....ing shit, the faceless just blew my mind, their set list was amazing, almost entirely stuff of akeldama and PD. They were totally killing it, definitely makes up for the lack luster performance last time

isomorphic

Banned
Reaction score
Holy ....ing shit, the faceless just blew my mind, their set list was amazing, almost entirely stuff of akeldama and PD. They were totally killing it, definitely makes up for the lack luster performance last time

Unless they changed their set since I saw them a few days ago...it was mostly PD and Autotheism

Only song from Akeldama they played was An Autopsy

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I dunno, I'm almost positive they played one other one off akeldama. They only did eidalon reality and one other song off autotheism

concertjunkie

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know of their live set up in terms of in ear monitors? I'm wanting to do a similar thing here soon, and want to know what pieces I need to have in ear monitors for all band members

Faceless plays super tight live, and I would like to know what they have setup, or a direction on what i need!

octatoan

Acoustic tech-death!
Reaction score
To play super tight, you need metronomes in your ears, in front of you, under your hands, along the neck, on your pots...

/crappy joke

')