The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
After their set I heard him whinging about something to do with Foldback, but not once during their set did he talk to the monitors engineer who was literally 2 metres away.

On a side note, I do live AE for a living, as well, and it's usually monitors. There's nothing I hate more than a musician who just expects their mix to be there without telling me what they need. If you don't ask for it, I'm not giving it to you, no matter who you are.

And, so my comment can stay on topic - While it's a bummer that they all left/got the boot, I'm sure they'll all do pretty well for themselves on their own. Alex is a pretty sought out drummer in the modern metal scene, and Evan can play bass in just about any band he wants, let alone his solo stuff (which has most recently also included Alex). I hadn't heard of Wes before he joined The Faceless, and I'm sure many people are in the same boat with me. That said, he's made enough of a name for himself in the last year or two that I can see him getting picked up by an artist of the same stature/fame pretty easily.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Wes is currently with Glass Casket, writing that elusive third album.

Thorerges

Reaction score
On a side note, I do live AE for a living, as well, and it's usually monitors. There's nothing I hate more than a musician who just expects their mix to be there without telling me what they need. If you don't ask for it, I'm not giving it to you, no matter who you are.

And, so my comment can stay on topic - While it's a bummer that they all left/got the boot, I'm sure they'll all do pretty well for themselves on their own. Alex is a pretty sought out drummer in the modern metal scene, and Evan can play bass in just about any band he wants, let alone his solo stuff (which has most recently also included Alex). I hadn't heard of Wes before he joined The Faceless, and I'm sure many people are in the same boat with me. That said, he's made enough of a name for himself in the last year or two that I can see him getting picked up by an artist of the same stature/fame pretty easily.

Agreed 100%, all three of those guys can pretty much do whatever they want now. They've shown they have the chops and presumably, everyone knows the faceless is a tough gig to get by. Wes appeared on the periphery album, which won't make you money but gets you noticed. I doubt any of those guys will have problems in the future.

anomynous

Reaction score
To put any rumors to rest, The Faceless fully intend to play on the Protest The Hero tour with The Contortionist. We have already been jamming with some people that I think Faceless fans will be truly excited to hear are becoming involved in the group. This is something that needed to happen for a lot of reasons and everyone is going to come out stronger for it. I feel a sense of joy in The Faceless and I think everyone will pick up on that when they see us play.
We will be announcing new members very soon. Stay tuned. It's exciting stuff.

From facebook

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Sucks that they lost some great dudes. Rudy is definitely one of the best drummers in the metal scene today. But we all know that if The Faceless keeps on, the next album will be just as good as the last 3. I for one, am still extremely excited.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Faceless cancels tour

"Due to internal band issues, The Faceless have been forced to drop off the upcoming Protest The Hero tour commencing next Friday November 14th in Leipzig, Germany. Replacing The Faceless on the tour will be longtime Protest The Hero friends The Safety Fire. All scheduled dates will be played and The Contortionist will continue to be on all shows."

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
The last time I saw them the played more instrumental in-between tracks off the laptop than songs with the band....probably 3-4 songs in 40 minutes on stage.

gorthul

Reaction score
So pissed man, got my ticket for that show already and was going mostly to see The Faceless

Same here. I hope they will get a new lineup soon, I don't want to miss them in my life.
Anyway, The Safety Fire is a good replacement and I'm quite happy that it is them and not some shitty band.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Keene will hire 4 laptops and augment himself with cybernetics and literally become Skynet you heard it first here

Latest posts

')