The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I haven't really heard The Faceless before, but having watched pretty much the same thing happen to Chimaira twice, I definitely feel for you guys. It's no fun watching a band you love fall apart like that crappy rental car in "The Mask". :(

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
Dang, reading all of this really bums me out. :( I hope everything works out for the best, it just sucks knowing one of your favorite bands is just down to one person.

I don't know what Keene is going to do but I hope he can get everything worked out.

neurosis

Reaction score
Pfffff.... this band keeps making me nervous. I hope this time around it's the same as every other one before and the new record turns out great despite the changes.

I wonder what they are all doing. Not sure it's Keene's fault alone. After all the band has been around for a while making great music and yet they don't seem to climb the ladder. Hopefully whatever is going on can be resolved, learned from or whatever so we can all continue to enjoy the music.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I hope MetalSucks is right and that Derek comes back. I was SUPER bummed when Geoff joined (not that I dislike Geoff's vocals, but Derek is one of my all-time favorite vocalists). Even Sumerian Records is tweeting pictures of the cover of Planetary Duality at The Faceless, with the caption: "#BringBackDemonCarcass". I hope it happens, given that Derek filled in for Geoff on Summer Slaughter for one night when he was unable to perform.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
OSJpui0.png

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
If he called it quits or kept going I wouldn't care either way. Honestly I liked Autotheism so if he makes another album like it then I would enjoy it. I hope stuff works out for him, I've never seen any real evidence that he's a douche so I don't put too much stock in that.

Darknut

Reaction score
So he worked with musicians he didn't click with? At that level, you should be able to find someone ;)
lol, yeah, top tier musicians grow on trees, and they're floating around aimlessly waiting for gigs.. their in such bountiful supply that I could probably push a handful off a cliff and no one would notice! :lol:

All jokes aside though, it will be interesting to see who Keene can find.. I'm sure a lot of dudes would indeed move mountains to be in the faceless.. I just hope they'd breathe life into the band. Keene knows what he wants and all, but coming from a guy who felt completely betrayed by autotheism, I can't trust that what Keene wants will be what others want. And of course I'll just have to deal, but realize that before autotheism, i would've have thrown money at keene just to see him shit out a guitar pro file or something. Its just a shame to see such talent be guided away from an area you enjoyed so thoroughly, even if it is at the wish of the guy with the talent.:wallbash:

Its so weird, like I WANT to hug keene's nuts, but the guy does weird shit with his loot. Remember that shit he did with borgore? Just.. What the .... man.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
LOL

Lets see your full album of "real deal prog."

I'm sure your a very accomplished (obviously better than Keene) musician and a nice guy yourself.

9k=

Bitch, I tour all over

:lol: on the reals though, I was quite drunk when I made that post. Alkedama was critical in my years getting into metal, and pd is one of the greatest albums ever written. Autotheism was just the biggest musical disappointment in my life and made me a very sad and bitter panda :(

I stand by my statement about Keene being kind of a douche though :lol:

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I can look past ego for music. For all I care Keene could put his blood and semen in the artwork of his new releases and I'd buy it if it was quality.

Thorerges

Reaction score
lol, yeah, top tier musicians grow on trees, and they're floating around aimlessly waiting for gigs.. their in such bountiful supply that I could probably push a handful off a cliff and no one would notice! :lol:

All jokes aside though, it will be interesting to see who Keene can find.. I'm sure a lot of dudes would indeed move mountains to be in the faceless.. I just hope they'd breathe life into the band. Keene knows what he wants and all, but coming from a guy who felt completely betrayed by autotheism, I can't trust that what Keene wants will be what others want. And of course I'll just have to deal, but realize that before autotheism, i would've have thrown money at keene just to see him shit out a guitar pro file or something. Its just a shame to see such talent be guided away from an area you enjoyed so thoroughly, even if it is at the wish of the guy with the talent.:wallbash:

Its so weird, like I WANT to hug keene's nuts, but the guy does weird shit with his loot. Remember that shit he did with borgore? Just.. What the .... man.

You can always find someone. Obscura lost two members in one day and within a couple of months, replaced them.

Anyway, I thought autotheism was great - very mature record. I would be in support of his new direction, even though it seems to upset the older fans.

')