The faceless's vocalists was in a straight edge band...

• Thread starter Transmissions
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Transmissions

Reaction score
FLESH AND BLOOD | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
It's a gem, Geoff was in a fake hardcore/straight edge band from around pittsburgh. Apparently they would have shows and invite hardcore and straight edge bands to play and just make fun of them. Also I heard that he had a bottle of Kentucky straight and was drinking it on stage and was like guys its okay, its straight edge whiskey.
I thought i'd share this little piece of history.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
the-more-you-know-o.gif

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
To some people it might sound terrible, but as I discovered whilst moderating the old purevolume.com forum, militant edge kids can be gigantic toolbags, so I can't help but laugh. :lol:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I find that being Straight Edge is more of a fashion statement than anything.

This is pretty funny, though.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I find that you should not base your opinion about a certain lifestyle on some internet douchebags or "soon-dropping-out-anyway"-scenekids.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I wasn't bashing Straight Edge, but I do find it rather pointless.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I have no problem with the idea of being straight edge, in fact I admire those who practise it in an adult fashion. However, from my experience those who practise it in an adult fashion seem to be in the minority! Anyone who is militant about their views is likely to get made fun of by myself, especially if they get all soap boxy on the internet but in person are personable and quiet :lol:

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I think the people that go out of their way to mock it are just as bad as the people that are militant about it.

I've been straight edge pretty much forever. I've never drank alcohol, and only smoked cigarettes a couple of times in middle school. I don't use the term to describe myself but I definitely still live by the same values.

Almost every single person I know who was straight edge back when it was cool has turned to heavy drinking and drugs, and that makes no difference to me. It's just funny because they were the ones getting edge tattoos and X'ing up their hands and singing along the loudest at Throwdown shows.:lol:

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
It's ok if you don't smoke or drink, in fact that is great, but I never figured out what that has to do with hardcore music :lol:

amanhasnousername

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know this is super old and probably won't get a response, but I was actually searching for their music when this topic popped up. I was in a band who played with them once and thought it was absolutely hilarious. This was only half the schtick. I don't remember it exactly, but their set was a story of a guy who broke edge, reclaimed edge, broke edge again, whatever. One of their guitarists used to dress up as a superhero called Edge Man, cape, mask and all. Oh, and the Kentucky straight edge whiskey thing is totally true. Even added a ^edge in permanent marker in between Straight and Whiskey on the bottle. It was really funny because all the virtue signaling, militant edge bands from the area just stood there with their arms crossed mean mugging them the whole time. They didn't care, just kept playing. The kicker, none of their friends were even there. Except the drummer of Geoff's other band, who sarcastically hardcore danced with a beat up tambourine he found at the venue the entire set. They literally just did it to have fun.

By the way, Geoff's other, more serious band, Kamikabe, was one of the best metal bands to ever play in Pittsburgh. I'd recommend checking them out. Harbored Guilt is an amazing album. Edit: Aporia is the album, which Harbored Guilt is a track on.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I know this is super old and probably won't get a response, but I was actually searching for their music when this topic popped up. I was in a band who played with them once and thought it was absolutely hilarious. This was only half the schtick. I don't remember it exactly, but their set was a story of a guy who broke edge, reclaimed edge, broke edge again, whatever. One of their guitarists used to dress up as a superhero called Edge Man, cape, mask and all. Oh, and the Kentucky straight edge whiskey thing is totally true. Even added a ^edge in permanent marker in between Straight and Whiskey on the bottle. It was really funny because all the virtue signaling, militant edge bands from the area just stood there with their arms crossed mean mugging them the whole time. They didn't care, just kept playing. The kicker, none of their friends were even there. Except the drummer of Geoff's other band, who sarcastically hardcore danced with a beat up tambourine he found at the venue the entire set. They literally just did it to have fun.

By the way, Geoff's other, more serious band, Kamikabe, was one of the best metal bands to ever play in Pittsburgh. I'd recommend checking them out. Harbored Guilt is an amazing album. Edit: Aporia is the album, which Harbored Guilt is a track on.

This sounds like the best time EVER.

')