The Fanned Fret Club

• Thread starter ralphy1976
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
durero-albums-raven-7-prototype-picture4399-raven-45.jpg

My 7-string prototype from 2003. 32" - 36" multi-scale, 31 frets, 5 octave range.

Since modded with my own single-string pickups.

What are those sparkly things on the fretboard, and how have I never noticed those before?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Yeah : i am the twerp who rep'd you and forgot to sign!!!! how clever am i really?!!! uh??!!! :nuts:

Have you considered buying one of his (since mine) which appear from time to time on ebay? he now makes his own pickups after a suggestion from a member of ss.org

Aye, I did, in a dual pickup config. It'll have to wait now that I'm
a) waiting for another Jaden Rose (non-fanned)
b) trying to wrestle the Freb 4.0 from GKG

I may end up selling some axe to accomodate another fanned fret, who knows.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
What are those sparkly things on the fretboard, and how have I never noticed those before?!

They're markers for the natural (white-key) notes of each string. I use a 4ths tuning scheme starting from G#1 so I marked the notes under each string to ease navigating the neck in non-standard tuning.

The bigger markers are the exact middle of the range and help me see which octave I'm in in any position on the neck.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Not at all! Why would we be sick of looking at a guitar that looks like absolutely nothing else in this world?

Where's the guitar though? All I see is a chair... :scratch:

:lol:

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
That Blackmachine is really nice!

Is that perpendicular at the nut? What's the scale length? Spec's?

Must... Know... More... About... Guitar...

Im almoast sure It's a 25.5-28 fan, and it's perpendicular at the 5th (or at least closest to perpendicular). And I'm guessing it has haeussel pickups.

also... I really want one of those :squint:. Does that one have the rosewood/ebony laminated neck?

')