The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
2 feet of snow, work is closed. Tomorrow is my bday and I have it off.

I'm a fucking workaholic, don't people get that?

I'm bored as hell and will be until at least Friday...

Some dude on this forum I spend way too much time on changed his avatar and now I don't recognize him when I see his posts anymore. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Trying to learn the 11/4 sweeping riff from Dance of Eternity that the song (at least in my book) is most known for. It's not that difficult in the end. it's only the chord shapes that keep fucking with me (especially the F# major shape, ugh...) and playing it at full speed gives me no time to prepare for the next shape. Just gotta get that muscle memory going. :lol:

Edit: Okay, got it. Now the hard part; rest of the song. :D

Last edited:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember loving hot pockets as a kid, and that they were really filling and tasty. I haven't had one in probably ten years. Having become tired of the relatively few options my workplace's cafeteria has to offer, I finally picked up a hot pocket from the frozen section.

It didn't come with the cardboard handle thing it used to, it was floppy with no crisp, it barely had any filling, and it came apart at the seams on the side when I bit into it. At least the flavor was okay.

Hot pockets have fallen from grace.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Maintaining a short haircut sucks, going to a barber at least every 3-4 weeks is just too much, and I miss having long hair. Strangely the regret came after about four months.
How short are we talking? I get a cut every few months and only when it starts to get into my eyes. I also am an ex-long-hair-er (as most are on this site, lol), but for me long hair was always pretty high maintenance. The time it took to dry......

Metropolis

Reaction score
How short are we talking? I get a cut every few months and only when it starts to get into my eyes. I also am an ex-long-hair-er (as most are on this site, lol), but for me long hair was always pretty high maintenance. The time it took to dry......

Short sides, longer top, something you could call an undercut. I also hate way of applying products into it for making it look civilized. I got them cut to short because I wasn't taking enough care of it in early years of growing, or even after that, just not enough trimming hair ends. For me long hair isn't too high maintenance because it's straight and has a fine texture, drying is pretty fast and it never tangles.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score

Mine always seemed like the less I took care of it, the better it looked. One time I made the mistake of using my wife's shampoo for volume...dear God, I wouldn't have even need Aquanet to fit in in the 80s.

The most recent time I tried to grow it back out it wound up looking kinda like a mullet to the point my options were either cut it off and try it again or go full achey brakey and own it.

Metropolis

Reaction score
The most recent time I tried to grow it back out it wound up looking kinda like a mullet to the point my options were either cut it off and try it again or go full achey brakey and own it.

Having them longer on top at first prevents the mullet effect. At first time growing mine was longer on top and everything else had somewhat even lenght with top hair, so it became really nicely in five to six years time, my hair was pretty damn long. Second time growing hair out I had a buzzcut after military service, and I wasn'teven aware of that stupid mullet effect, so it looked bad because of that and reasons mentioned before.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Having them longer on top at first prevents the mullet effect.

Actually I had one of those hair cuts like Brad Pitt did in Fury when I started growing it out.

The most recent time I cut it I did the sides and back the same length, and the back still seems like it's growing faster. My wife is always griping because of how thin her hair is compared to mine, but maybe I've been living in a trailer too long, because every time I try to grow mine back out it starts turning into a mullet.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Heh, I just shave my head down to a #0 every other week and clean up the back by rounding off whatever hairline is still left.

If I can put up with the barber for 20 mins, its worth it for a free haircut

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
for me long hair was always pretty high maintenance. The time it took to dry......

Yeah, my hair takes ages to dry, but so what? If it's not quite dry, you just head out with wet hair. If it's cold outside, I just curl it up inside my beanie to prevent it from freezing. My wife's jealous of my hair, which is pretty long since I can't really be bothered maintaining it in any way:

uc

This is after my wife had just cut of roughly 5" to get rid of the dried up ends. Maintenance? Nah. I just wash it properly a few times a week (I shower more often but I don't wash my hair every time) and keep it on a ponytail most of the time, so it's out of the way. And I only brush it after showering. I know it isn't good for the hair to brush it when it's wet, but it feels better so I do it anyway.

As for growing it back after cutting it short... For me it sort of just happened :lol: I shaved myself completely bald during the army, and then after that I thought "maybe I won't grow my hair long anymore". Then at some point I just looked like I was in The Beatles, and somehow realized that long hair is kind of my "trademark" thing. And here we are again. My wife doesn't like long hair on guys, but whenever I ask her if I should cut mine short, she just goes "Fuck no!". So I don't really have a choice :lol: