The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got some stuff I really need to get done, but my IDE just insists on syncing all files before it'll allow me to start debugging :wallbash:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Got some stuff I really need to get done, but my IDE just insists on syncing all files before it'll allow me to start debugging :wallbash:
Android studio? When open a project I can’t work on it for like 30 mins, lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
I lost my scarf. :( I think I left it at the jam room, which is a 40min drive away, so not worth the trip for just a scarf. I'll be going there soon, but it means a day or two of no scarf. I like my scarf.
I left a scarf on a bus 7 years ago and I'm still not over it. I hope you get it back.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
The Dingwall my wife ordered me for Christmas finally came in to a dealer a little over an hour from where I live. About halfway there, I realized that I would have to cross a toll bridge on the way back and didn't have any cash. No big deal, I thought, and I stopped by a grocery store on the way back to get cash. Turns out my ATM card was broken, and all the banks were closed early as it was a Saturday. I had to take a massive detour to avoid the toll bridge. :lol:

But I have an NG3 six string and it rules.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Android studio? When open a project I can’t work on it for like 30 mins, lol.

Haha, Android Studio indeed :lol: Mine's not that slow usually, but I had some filesystem issues that were blocking it from reading some files. I ran fsck on the hard drive and now it works normally again.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
When open a project I can’t work on it for like 30 mins, lol.
Some days it feels like 50% of my job is waiting for progress bars or for things to open, and trying to figure out how to still be productive with that time. :lol:

I've not had to use Android Studio much.... I recently tried to use the profiler in it, and instead of being helpful, it just froze whatever was running. Good stuff.

Yul Brynner

Change my pitch up! Smack my bitch up!
Reaction score
Went to the movies and had a random thought wondering how many people were wearing butt plugs at the theater.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I've not had to use Android Studio much.... I recently tried to use the profiler in it, and instead of being helpful, it just froze whatever was running. Good stuff.

Yeah, it's got some pretty bad memory leaks in it... I never turn my computer off at work, but I have to restart AS at least few times a week to free some RAM. I've got 16gb but it just eats everything :lol: Luckily I mostly do React-Native stuff these days so I get to use a much lighter environment (Visual Studio Code + terminal)

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
In France it's like 60€ every 2 years...

Pretty much the same here in Finland, except if your car is more than 10 years old (like mine) you have to do it every year. There's a lot of places that do it though and they compete in price, so sometimes you can do it for a bit less.

Edika

Reaction score
I drove automatic rentals on my trip to Australia and now I'm spoiled. Luckily I haven't burned my engine yet but I did try to put a gear a couple of times without pressing the clutch. Plus on all cars the turn signal and wipers were on the opposite side of the steering wheel and I'm having a hard time re-adjusting. I think I'll get an automatic next time I buy a car lol.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I drove automatic rentals on my trip to Australia and now I'm spoiled. Luckily I haven't burned my engine yet but I did try to put a gear a couple of times without pressing the clutch. Plus on all cars the turn signal and wipers were on the opposite side of the steering wheel and I'm having a hard time re-adjusting. I think I'll get an automatic next time I buy a car lol.

I sold my truck that was a stick a year or 2 ago, and I still try to find the clutch when I go to start my Jeep every now and then.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
I'm running out of free storage on box and I don't want to pay 10$ a month to get more storage, but I hate using shit like mediafire.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

I always have the opposite problem when driving my grandpa's automatic Volvo :lol: I try to press the clutch and end up hitting the brakes really hard in the middle of the road... It happens once and then I remember not to do that. For some reason I never have similar problems going back to manual though.

Latest posts