The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I sold my truck that was a stick a year or 2 ago, and I still try to find the clutch when I go to start my Jeep every now and then.

I was surprised how little time it took me to get used to it. I haven't been driving for many years so maybe that's why I wasn't searching for the clutch as much. It took me a day but I'm back to using the manual properly.

I always have the opposite problem when driving my grandpa's automatic Volvo :lol: I try to press the clutch and end up hitting the brakes really hard in the middle of the road... It happens once and then I remember not to do that. For some reason I never have similar problems going back to manual though.

That happened to me when I got the first rental. I think I freaked them out at the car rental a bit as I was hitting the brake with my left foot and stopping really abruptly. I'm not sure if the left side of the brake is more sensitive or my right foot is used to do more fine movements and is more controlled but once I figured that I should leave my left foot out of driving I was ok. My kids were enjoying the abrupt braking. My wife not so much.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Back in the Day, you used your left foot to select your brights in an automatic. At least on GMs. Little tiny foot switch, almost like a stompbox. :lol:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Filed single and 1 and still have not found a way to finesse my taxes without owing the wonderful GLORIOUS state of commiefornia a few hundred bucks.
I almost think I would be less angry if I owed the fed money too, but I'm getting like $600 back from the fed. Really just goes to show how ridiculous this state is.

God I hate this place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
a few hundred bucks
I can't imagine how you'd react to the taxes in Quebec. I've managed to find ways to negate the bill but I used to end up owing something like $3k at the end of each year - and this was after the "refund" was taken into account. I'm pretty sure that was also in the lowest tax bracket at the time.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using public transport for the last couple of days as I've been too sick to cycle to work and I don't live far away enough do justify taking my own vehicle to work (plus parking is a fucking nightmare). Currently sat next to a dude who smells like an ashtray and hasn't had a shower in nine months while behind me there's a baby screaming it's head off at something.

Love public transport.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
We began paying for free health care, even though this makes it by default not free. Apparently there will be extra charges if you want to choose a specific doctor or medicine, other from that in the government list...
Nothing is free, I hate it when politicians go around saying they will give free stuff/services. You do not have money, we give you the sums to run the show.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Pickups will stick to each other dude (fucking magnets), just make a new container out of them!
oh i'd need an even bigger container if i'm putting all my pickups in it. right now it's only some of them and a ton other crap

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Fucking people that need a ride to the airport; you've known you were going out of town for 3 weeks, you're leaving in 36 hours and now you call to ask for a ride to the airport.

I've had one day off in two straight weeks and you want me to stop everything I'm doing in the middle of the day to give you a ride.

Two words.

Fucking. Uber.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Spent many years working my ass off building my life around eventually reducing my workload so that I would more time for things I enjoy. Now I have a ton more time to do whatever I want, but I feel like a guilty piece of shit when I'm not working, play too many video games or when I sleep in too late.
:hug:

I know that feel, man...

"I think I did a good thing, but it doesn't always feel that way..."