The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't understand a thing about America... Neither does most Americans...
I've been trying to figure this place out for a long time. I'm currently reading a book about Ancient Greece, and I'm going to pay extra close attention to the part where democracy fails. Maybe I'll get some clues 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just bought a new truck and apparently it’s a subscription now to use the navigation and remote start. At least the tonneau cover will be here next week.
I could understand the navigation subscription if there’s a cellular link and continuous database/software updates. The remote start, less so, especially if it doesn’t use the cellular link and is just a direct point-to-point system. (Maybe it does use the cell link? Do you remote start it from your phone?)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hours later when the utility workers were there, I'm outside and one of those same neighbors yells across the street "cut that fuckin tree down already".
Follow-up on this one.

Power's still out, they left the branches laying on the truck (has a tonneau cover btw) I'm assuming as some part of their attempt at an insurance claim. The wife is still pissed and tells anyone that will listen "those motherfuckers need to get that tree taken down".

FWIW, I was previously quoted $2k just to top that tree, muchless take it down. I'd have loved to take it down to have less leaves to pickup and to have one less reason for idiots to block my garbage/recycling but that's a lot of cheddar.

Now I'm tempted to leave it there forever.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I could understand the navigation subscription if there’s a cellular link and continuous database/software updates. The remote start, less so, especially if it doesn’t use the cellular link and is just a direct point-to-point system. (Maybe it does use the cell link? Do you remote start it from your phone?)

Yeah there’s an app where I can do all kinds of shit with my phone.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I want to sad react for the subscriptions and laugh for, you know...

Man I’ve got bad news and even worse news. The tonneaus I always get they do not make for this model anymore so the only option is even uglier! And my rims are 180 days out. They have actually not even started manufacturing them yet in my preferred offset (+20). I can get +1 but that is too much hang out and I don’t like to let too much hang out.

But it was a super smooth deal. I told them all the options I wanted and they were like we’ll have one this afternoon and I was like throw in a case of Monster and remove that dealer market correction bullshit off and I’ll pay all in $1’s.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
If you ain't donked and sittin sideways in the Walmart parkling lot at 10:30 on a school night don't even @ me. #RealTruckGang

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Start of vacation anxiety sucks. Been thinking all day if I remembered to shut off all the lights, water taps and whatnot at home. Also, feels good when you have 50€ on your bank account when your vacation hasn't even officially started. I probably don't have to spend a single cent during the next few weeks but kinda sucks how summer vacation has been synonymous with debt shorting for the past 4 or so years.

Latest posts

')