The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Our fiber connection was down almost all day (probably because of the Crowdstrike-thing that occured today), so I didn't get any break from entertaining the kids as I couldn't sit them down to watch some Netflix.

I'd say I'm shocked that such a widespread piece of software screwed up that badly, but then, it's not the first time half the internet was at risk of crumbling over some dumb mistake.

I'm happy about this though, because now if the software I'm developing has an issue, I have an example so I can say "look, even the big boys fuck up sometimes" :lol:

Last edited:

Moongrum

Reaction score
That's largely why I'm trying to get a Hilux or an older Tacoma.
Is there a specific year of Tacoma that you like?
I'm not a car guy (don't even own one!), but I love the older smaller Tacomas. I always walk by this one in my neighborhood, and always think to myself, "god, what a sick truck" :lol:
yo.PNG

Makes me happy to see people take care of older cars that aren't "classics", too.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Is there a specific year of Tacoma that you like?
I'm not a car guy (don't even own one!), but I love the older smaller Tacomas. I always walk by this one in my neighborhood, and always think to myself, "god, what a sick truck" :lol:
View attachment 147167
Makes me happy to see people take care of older cars that aren't "classics", too.
I'm not really looking for a specific year. Most of the stuff still on the road in my area (MN is extremely hard rust wise on cars) is less than 20 years old. All I know is I want something with very minimal onboard electronics, so it's either new Hilux or a beat to shit probably pre 2008 Tacoma.

I couldn't get propane for my grill today because their system was down and I didn't have cash.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm looking into importing a hilux or getting an older tacoma rather than a new one.

I'll forever have a soft spot for the Hilux after visiting my uncle in Trinidad for Carnival as a teenager, bombing around the island in the bed of a Gen6 built like this one drinking Caribs

rJJmQz1Y-8lY9OahEQu-(edit).jpg

')