The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brector

Reaction score
I'll forever have a soft spot for the Hilux after visiting my uncle in Trinidad for Carnival as a teenager, bombing around the island in the bed of a Gen6 built like this one drinking Caribs
Man I miss my '94 4x4. Fun fact, they released the Tacoma in '95 in the US, but made the 4x4/hilux for half of '95 incase the Tacoma was a flop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Thanks.

Man, that's weak. So they leave a note "you weren't home" and the package wasn't even on the truck. Damn.

Wow, and here I was thinking the Finnish postal service is bad.
I always pick everything up from the automatic post boxes these days though, I've even set the one at my prefered grocery store as my default delivery location so I can pick them up on the same trip when I buy food.

A related fwp: several times recently, said machine has been full and I've had to pick my packages up from the "next best alternative". Which in this case is a kiosk across the road. And that isn't automatic, so I've had to interact with an actual person, and it's got weird opening hours. For example it closes at 6pm on Sundays for whatever reason.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Man I miss my '94 4x4. Fun fact, they released the Tacoma in '95 in the US, but made the 4x4/hilux for half of '95 incase the Tacoma was a flop.
Do you know what the original intention was by having a Tacoma and Hilux? From what I've read so far, the Hilux is a more stripped down version, whereas the Tacoma more caters to the USA-love-driving-big-truck-like-a-luxury-vehicle crowd. But I know trucks in the 90s weren't really like luxury cars like they are now.

Btw, wasn't aware of the 4x4 by name, but remember seeing those all the time as a kid. That's another sweet truck. The stripes on them belong in the 90s nostalgia thread😁

Capture.PNG

brector

Reaction score
Do you know what the original intention was by having a Tacoma and Hilux? From what I've read so far, the Hilux is a more stripped down version, whereas the Tacoma more caters to the USA-love-driving-big-truck-like-a-luxury-vehicle crowd. But I know trucks in the 90s weren't really like luxury cars like they are now.

Btw, wasn't aware of the 4x4 by name, but remember seeing those all the time as a kid. That's another sweet truck. The stripes on them belong in the 90s nostalgia thread😁
I am not sure on that one. My assumption is they continued off the same (old) platform. Hence why you see solid front axles after 1985.

Haha! You can tell the model year of the 4x4/hilux by the striping in the 90's lol

')