The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brector

Reaction score
I'll forever have a soft spot for the Hilux after visiting my uncle in Trinidad for Carnival as a teenager, bombing around the island in the bed of a Gen6 built like this one drinking Caribs
Man I miss my '94 4x4. Fun fact, they released the Tacoma in '95 in the US, but made the 4x4/hilux for half of '95 incase the Tacoma was a flop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Thanks.

Man, that's weak. So they leave a note "you weren't home" and the package wasn't even on the truck. Damn.

Wow, and here I was thinking the Finnish postal service is bad.
I always pick everything up from the automatic post boxes these days though, I've even set the one at my prefered grocery store as my default delivery location so I can pick them up on the same trip when I buy food.

A related fwp: several times recently, said machine has been full and I've had to pick my packages up from the "next best alternative". Which in this case is a kiosk across the road. And that isn't automatic, so I've had to interact with an actual person, and it's got weird opening hours. For example it closes at 6pm on Sundays for whatever reason.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Man I miss my '94 4x4. Fun fact, they released the Tacoma in '95 in the US, but made the 4x4/hilux for half of '95 incase the Tacoma was a flop.
Do you know what the original intention was by having a Tacoma and Hilux? From what I've read so far, the Hilux is a more stripped down version, whereas the Tacoma more caters to the USA-love-driving-big-truck-like-a-luxury-vehicle crowd. But I know trucks in the 90s weren't really like luxury cars like they are now.

Btw, wasn't aware of the 4x4 by name, but remember seeing those all the time as a kid. That's another sweet truck. The stripes on them belong in the 90s nostalgia thread😁

Capture.PNG

brector

Reaction score
Do you know what the original intention was by having a Tacoma and Hilux? From what I've read so far, the Hilux is a more stripped down version, whereas the Tacoma more caters to the USA-love-driving-big-truck-like-a-luxury-vehicle crowd. But I know trucks in the 90s weren't really like luxury cars like they are now.

Btw, wasn't aware of the 4x4 by name, but remember seeing those all the time as a kid. That's another sweet truck. The stripes on them belong in the 90s nostalgia thread😁
I am not sure on that one. My assumption is they continued off the same (old) platform. Hence why you see solid front axles after 1985.

Haha! You can tell the model year of the 4x4/hilux by the striping in the 90's lol

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also having a shipping related fwp, but mine is because the dock workers at my office are nigh-fucking-useless. In my old building before Covid, I had no issues shipping personal stuff to the office (within reasonable weight) and bringing it home since I work in the US but live in Canada, and it's almost always cheaper to do so. During Covid I went to a new organization in another building and these dock workers say that "they're not responsible for non-business related shipments" and I don't trust the dude at the lobby to not pull the same shit. So now I gotta reroute some Amazon stuff I bought last week during pRiMe DaYs to a Whole Foods or local pickup spot. The biggest piss off is that the dock workers barely fucking perform their intended function for business-related shipping stuff and often take multiple days to get something shipped out of the building, no matter how urgent it is.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Is there alcohol in the laundry detergent over there or something? Have the kids started eating tide pods again?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Is there alcohol in the laundry detergent over there or something? Have the kids started eating tide pods again?
I google'd it, and I guess it's just because it's expensive and easy to resell.
I"ll be curious to know if other USAmericans on this forum have faced similar phenomena🧐

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen the cartridges of razor heads locked up pretty frequently in Canada, but never tidepods and detergent.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I google'd it, and I guess it's just because it's expensive and easy to resell.
I"ll be curious to know if other USAmericans on this forum have faced similar phenomena🧐
I'm in Methville Califonia and while we have USB cables behind lock and key and almost every aisle in the Home Depot has video surveillance with motion detectors that play an ear-searing beep whenever they detect movement, I can safely say we don't lock up the detergent.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My local walmart locks up some underwear, baby formula and USB/phone accessories for sure, but all of the laundry detergent type stuff is not on lockdown. It's not really a bad area though.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
my local walmart only really locks up the razor cartridges and ironically, the lube/"personal massagers".

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The Walgreens around here lock up a ton of shit, half the store might as well be a vending machine. The other stores around here just use anti-theft tags on everything.

')