The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Two days in a row! This one did the trick. Just got the windshield tinted with ceramic last Friday too. 300 miles on the truck. Oh well at least my tonneau cover gets installed tomorrow.

IMG-0407.jpg

It’s just getting funny now. One day after the lift was installed the rear shock popped out. Oh well at least the tonneau cover is installed.

IMG-0464.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Finally went to a medical center and got my ears cleaned since I was basicly deaf in my left ear. Well, now I can't bear to listen to music since once again my right ear seems to have some hearing loss. :lol:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So today at work, I was having to try and help fix the internet. Not saying I was the worst person to ask, but I have made it abundantly clear the only thing I know about computers is how to upgrade stuff to play video games. So anyways, I'm on the roof trying to see what's wrong with one of the internet antennas, and they're asking does it look like maybe the hurricane messed it up and it got some water in it. I'm up there like America's Ass when he was like it seems to run on some type of electricity.

I tried using my vast amount of IT knowledge

For some reason, shit still don't work.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Wife insists on using wooden utensils during the rare occasions that she cooks something, and she also insists that wooden stuff can't be washed in the washing machine and she also never washes said utensils.

I'm seriously considering accidentally using said utensils as firewood.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Wife insists on using wooden utensils during the rare occasions that she cooks something, and she also insists that wooden stuff can't be washed in the washing machine and she also never washes said utensils.

I'm seriously considering accidentally using said utensils as firewood.

Some things just taste better if they’re made with wooden utensils. Especially if they haven’t been washed in a while.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Some things just taste better if they’re made with wooden utensils. Especially if they haven’t been washed in a while.

I don't even know why my wife insists on the wooden ones, I guess it's just what she's used to. One time she said she won't use plastic ones because they'll melt, but seriously, you'd have to leave them on the pan for an hour or something for that to actually happen.

The only issue I have with plastic utensils is that they snap quite easily when the soup or porridge or whatever gets thick.

Bodes

Reaction score
Wife's family is arriving this afternoon for 4 nights. 4 adults and 2 teenagers and 3 under 5 years in our 3 bedroom house.
Really nice people, and we get along fairly well (dependent on limiting alcohol consumption), but boy is my comfort zone going to be tested.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
So my wife partakes in the jazz cabbage every now and then. She was watching a Markiplier video about fidget toys and since I have ADHD and a touch of the tism, she had to come and ask me, since I'm neurodivergent have I ever tried any fidget toys. Keep in mind...we started dating a couple months after All Hope Is Gone came out, you would think we know each other pretty good at this point. Somehow she was surprised when I whipped out my balisong trainer and started flipping it around.

She's apparently still surprised be me, even though she was there and helped because my autistic ass, who's amazing at everything from the get go's, bought the butterfly knife before I bought the trainer.

Fidget toys are dope. My wife brought this one home from work and I've been putting a lot of mileage on it.

20240731_193127.jpg

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Cursed truck :ugh:
I'll check in on you next week after you get a flat but before the stereo shorts out.

LOL I can ID with this. the truck I put $11,000 into to lift and do a variety of other things had a stereo that promptly shorted out. It would emit an ear piercing tone like a hearing test. There was a loose cable somewhere. Man what a piece of shit that was, I'll never modify another vehicle again. Shitboxes til the day I die now.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Throughout the course of an entire calendar week, there are only 10 hours total that I cannot be at home to accept UPS packages which require a signature. Now for 6 of those 10 hours, my wife is typically home and can sign. So 10-6=4. 4 hours. 2 of those hours are on one day, and 2 of those hours are on another. And without fail, that is when UPS will show up. This has happened numerous times now. I try SO HARD to order things at times where the delivery window won't interfere, but stuff always winds up being delayed or coming early. It's truly remarkable in the most annoying way.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I don't even know why my wife insists on the wooden ones, I guess it's just what she's used to. One time she said she won't use plastic ones because they'll melt, but seriously, you'd have to leave them on the pan for an hour or something for that to actually happen.

The only issue I have with plastic utensils is that they snap quite easily when the soup or porridge or whatever gets thick.

I have strong feelings about this. All of my heavy-use items are a single piece of material, ideally stainless steel but I'll settle for plastic or silicone when it comes to scrapers/spatulas. Even then, I want them one solid piece, not that plastic-mounted to wood shit that always ends up with rotting food scum in the crevices. Same goes for cheese graters, I can't abide those free-standing pyramid/trapezoid shaped graters because they always end up with cheese stuck inside that fossilizes into an invulnerable adamantine crust.

Edit: also silverware that is a plastic handle mounted to a metal business end or any other kind of multi-piece, crevicey nonsense can fuck right off

')