The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Just read the news that someone got stabbed and robbed in broad daylight (well, 8pm but it's still daylight at that time at this time of the year) just 0,3 miles away from my place last Saturday. How the fuck am I supposed to go on for a walk during the winter when it's dark 99% of the time if that shit happens even when the sun is up. And no, I'm not paying 50€ a month for a gym membership. Would be cheaper to buy a treadmill to home but I can't really fit one in my crappy apartment. Maybe I'll just buy a flip knife for self-defense (in Minecraft). #3rdworldproblems #fuckstreetcrime

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just read the news that someone got stabbed and robbed in broad daylight (well, 8pm but it's still daylight at that time at this time of the year) just 0,3 miles away from my place last Saturday. How the fuck am I supposed to go on for a walk during the winter when it's dark 99% of the time if that shit happens even when the sun is up. And no, I'm not paying 50€ a month for a gym membership. Would be cheaper to buy a treadmill to home but I can't really fit one in my crappy apartment. Maybe I'll just buy a flip knife for self-defense (in Minecraft). #3rdworldproblems #fuckstreetcrime

Any additional context on that one? Sometimes it's totally random and sometimes it's pervasive but typically it seems to be one or two known brazen dickheads around the neighborhood.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting a new roof installed tomorrow. $65,000-$85,000 depending on how much plywood is needed. All I can think about is how many ESP/PRS/Anderson etc I could have bought.

Counterpoint, how important is a roof really? Maybe just erect a little tent village inside on a more practical budget

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Any additional context on that one? Sometimes it's totally random and sometimes it's pervasive but typically it seems to be one or two known brazen dickheads around the neighborhood.

Don't know anything else about this case except the victim was a minor and judging by the security cam footage so was the perpetrators. A a few years ago a paperboy got killed in the middle of the night just a few blocks away. If you'd ask me about my neighborhood, I'd say it's pretty peaceful but obviously it's not. When you live in "the projects" you always get people from all walks of life.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Feels like this thread is poppin' off pretty good today, must be the Monday effect 😁

Currently fantasizing about giving my manager my 2 weeks, and how awesome that would feel. Then thinking about how 6 months from now it would probably not be so awesome lol.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Feels like this thread is poppin' off pretty good today, must be the Monday effect 😁

Currently fantasizing about giving my manager my 2 weeks, and how awesome that would feel. Then thinking about how 6 months from now it would probably not be so awesome lol.

This could also be part of "The Portland Experience" package

')