The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Laptop speakers stopped working, go to device manager and delete the driver for the speakers. Restart. Works. Aight whatever.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Laptop speakers stopped working, go to device manager and delete the driver for the speakers. Restart. Works. Aight whatever.
have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again.jpg

Moongrum

Reaction score
as someone who parks their money in a HYSA, boooo fed is going to lower interest rates, which is already affecting banking. Prices haven't gone down on anything, all that happened was (according to data) people lost their jobs, so that's enough to lower raise interest rates. Great job, Fed.🫡
I wish I took economics in school, so this stuff made more sense, seems all arbitrary.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
as someone who parks their money in a HYSA, boooo fed is going to lower interest rates, which is already affecting banking. Prices haven't gone down on anything, all that happened was (according to data) people lost their jobs, so that's enough to lower raise interest rates. Great job, Fed.🫡
I wish I took economics in school, so this stuff made more sense, seems all arbitrary.
The current signal is to lower the federal funds rate by 0.25%. That's a baby step. WTF you talkin' bout "lost their jobs" 🤣 . Where's that smart drew when you need him?

Moongrum

Reaction score
The current signal is to lower the federal funds rate by 0.25%. That's a baby step. WTF you talkin' bout "lost their jobs" 🤣 . Where's that smart drew when you need him?
A lot of companies did layoffs in response directly/indirectly to the of raising interest rates, that is what I'm referring to. It is my understanding the goal in raising interest rates was to cool the labor market and drive consumer demand down so that inflation would slow.
My monkey brain likes seeing a round 5%, that's why I'm sad to see it go down.
I want to hear from the good Drew, too, lol.

edit: i think im confused and should be referring to the number of open jobs, not the number of unemployed. dont really know, i just want my higher interest rate 🙂 that was the intent of my fwp.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A lot of companies did layoffs in response directly/indirectly to the of raising interest rates, that is what I'm referring to. It is my understanding the goal in raising interest rates was to cool the labor market and drive consumer demand down so that inflation would slow.
My monkey brain likes seeing a round 5%, that's why I'm sad to see it go down.
I want to hear from the good Drew, too, lol.
Ok, got it. That's probably true, but unemployment is still very low by historical standards.

')