The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Laptop speakers stopped working, go to device manager and delete the driver for the speakers. Restart. Works. Aight whatever.
have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again.jpg

Moongrum

Reaction score
as someone who parks their money in a HYSA, boooo fed is going to lower interest rates, which is already affecting banking. Prices haven't gone down on anything, all that happened was (according to data) people lost their jobs, so that's enough to lower raise interest rates. Great job, Fed.🫡
I wish I took economics in school, so this stuff made more sense, seems all arbitrary.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
as someone who parks their money in a HYSA, boooo fed is going to lower interest rates, which is already affecting banking. Prices haven't gone down on anything, all that happened was (according to data) people lost their jobs, so that's enough to lower raise interest rates. Great job, Fed.🫡
I wish I took economics in school, so this stuff made more sense, seems all arbitrary.
The current signal is to lower the federal funds rate by 0.25%. That's a baby step. WTF you talkin' bout "lost their jobs" 🤣 . Where's that smart drew when you need him?

Moongrum

Reaction score
The current signal is to lower the federal funds rate by 0.25%. That's a baby step. WTF you talkin' bout "lost their jobs" 🤣 . Where's that smart drew when you need him?
A lot of companies did layoffs in response directly/indirectly to the of raising interest rates, that is what I'm referring to. It is my understanding the goal in raising interest rates was to cool the labor market and drive consumer demand down so that inflation would slow.
My monkey brain likes seeing a round 5%, that's why I'm sad to see it go down.
I want to hear from the good Drew, too, lol.

edit: i think im confused and should be referring to the number of open jobs, not the number of unemployed. dont really know, i just want my higher interest rate 🙂 that was the intent of my fwp.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A lot of companies did layoffs in response directly/indirectly to the of raising interest rates, that is what I'm referring to. It is my understanding the goal in raising interest rates was to cool the labor market and drive consumer demand down so that inflation would slow.
My monkey brain likes seeing a round 5%, that's why I'm sad to see it go down.
I want to hear from the good Drew, too, lol.
Ok, got it. That's probably true, but unemployment is still very low by historical standards.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Why would you just leave it in a HYSA when the market has been outperforming those rates for almost a decade?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Why would you just leave it in a HYSA when the market has been outperforming those rates for almost a decade?
My living/career situation is kind of volatile as I plan on quitting my job soon to travel and live on my savings for a bit. My financial goals are not in terms of 5 or 10 years into the future, but rather more immediate, so I'm not sure if investments make sense or not.
You also mention a decade, I graduated college in 2018, worked for about a year and half, then didn't work during covid, then got work again in 2021. My professional career is rather short than most here, I think.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So, in an effort to distract myself from all the life bullshit I have going on at the moment, I have enough of an accent that I've gone full Arthur Morgan when I talk to out cat. Most of the time, it's I swear to God, that cat scratches up one more piece of furniture or pisses on something else, I'm gonna shoot him, but I've had a few drinks to quiet my mind and he's not being a shithead tonight, so you know what...

And it's driving my wife crazy because she wants to play Red Dead, but our daughter is on the Xbox.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Put about eight hours into it. I actually have a lot of good things to say about it, but not that I think it's a fun game at all. Only game I have ever thrown out, but to be fair I bought it used on top of a discount. I'm also the only person I know in existence who had not played it.

But why throw anything out? Why not repurpose it and use it for a living room table drink coaster for Monsters?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I bought it on sale on Steam but have never played it. I think there's a story about how many billions of dollars of unplayed games are in Steam libraries.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Put about eight hours into it. I actually have a lot of good things to say about it, but not that I think it's a fun game at all. Only game I have ever thrown out, but to be fair I bought it used on top of a discount. I'm also the only person I know in existence who had not played it.

Ya, I get that. I've tried to replay it, and with games that was the tipping point of open world games being too....open world. But the story is fucking amazing. I've done some bad shit in my life (obviously not to that extent), but the story really resonated with me. It kinda reminded me of Lonesome Dove, one of the greatest Westerns ever made, but I'm probably never gonna watch it again, because it's so damn long.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
But why throw anything out? Why not repurpose it and use it for a living room table drink coaster for Monsters?
I basically got pissed off. It soft locked me into the mission where you hunt down the reverend and kept restarting me about halfway back to the lookout camp with no horse. At that point it was pretty much lose a couple hours of progress or keep banging my head against the respawn mechanics. I had some other criticisms of it like the menu management and lack of (immersion breaking) gameplay hints or explanations. I can't say it's a bad game though, it has a ton going for it that other games completely do not, but I didn't find it to be fun at all. It was still fulfilling in other ways until it completely fucking wasn't anymore lol.

The dialogue and story were 10/10 from what I saw. I'd definitely watch a RDR movie or series, but the game isn't for me.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I basically got pissed off. It soft locked me into the mission where you hunt down the reverend and kept restarting me about halfway back to the lookout camp with no horse. At that point it was pretty much lose a couple hours of progress or keep banging my head against the respawn mechanics. I had some other criticisms of it like the menu management and lack of (immersion breaking) gameplay hints or explanations. I can't say it's a bad game though, it has a ton going for it that other games completely do not, but I didn't find it to be fun at all. It was still fulfilling in other ways until it completely fucking wasn't anymore lol.

The dialogue and story were 10/10 from what I saw. I'd definitely watch a RDR movie or series, but the game isn't for me.

*attempts to reply and shoots you in the face instead*

EDIT:

*accidentally shoots half the forum* Dammit Dutch, mangoes aren't real. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

')