The Fishman Fluence Thread

thorgan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Guitarworld write up mentioned that those 8 string singles are "spec'd" by Javier and that Tosin "hinted at voicing his own singles down the line". The Javier Fluence set sounds amazing ( I concur with boliviansniper) so pretty exciting that he's getting singlecoils, wonder if there'll be three voices like the hums or not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
IIRC those pickups have 3 voicings, do you dislike all 3?

I found the merrow ones my favorites. I have some fluence moderns now that I only like in short bursts.
Yeah, it’s the set with 3 voicings. I wouldn’t say that I necessarily dislike them. I’m just someone that for the most part likes more traditional guitar tones, and I’m so used to passives. And at least while playing they don’t give me the same kind of tones I’m used to hearing while actively playing guitar.

I’m the same way with EMGs. I love working with guitar tracks that were done with EMGs in a mixing setting, but I don’t like playing them. Though with EMG you don’t get the weird spiky tones that Fishman have.

I’m going to give the KM7 a good setup and everything either this weekend or next, so when I do I’m going to really dig in to see if I can find some settings I like. I’m in no rush to replace them, so I figure I may just need to experiment more. These are my favorite Fishman set I’ve used thus far as well. Particularly for clean and leads tones. It’s just the rhythms that I don’t gel with.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the little nuts on the pickup ears on Open Core Fluences for direct mounting? I know I could drill through but it looks like they might be able to come off without needing to drill

juka

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the little nuts on the pickup ears on Open Core Fluences for direct mounting? I know I could drill through but it looks like they might be able to come off without needing to drill
I can tell how I did it with all 4 sets of Open Cores I own, but be aware that I can't be made responsible if for any that doesn't work for you. If my description isn't 100% clear to you and mind I'm no native speaker, DON'T DO IT!

Take one of the direct mount screws from your guitar (assuming that it usually is a wood screw with a slightly bigger diameter as the one provided by Fishman) and screw it into one of the "ears" of your open core pups from above. It will get stuck after a few turns due to its bigger diameter and when you continue to turn your screwdriver it will cleanly shear off the metal sleeve from the PCB pup baseplate.
On Moderns (that have a completely different construction at that spot!) drilling out the metal sleeve is the better option (although it really is a pain in the ass).

As maybe 99% of 7+string guitars are direct mount I don't get why Fishman doesn't offer a more user friendly solution.

TheBolivianSniper

Reaction score

I'm gonna be real I just ripped the fuckers off with pliers but everything about my fluence install was jank as hell

TheBolivianSniper

Reaction score
no dont be sorry, i was hoping to get a lot of deep information and every little bit helps! Also helps me make sure that Im not misunderstanding what the pickups excel in :D
yo got a demo posted for yall finally, low quality playing but hopefully it shows it off a little

chugzilla

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
im new.... and im not reading through 108 pages...incase this was already covered or talked about lol.....i got my first guitar with fishman fluence modern pickups ...its a dean satin ml...all my other guitars for the last 20 years have all been emg 81 or 81x....i run all my guitars through the emg es-918 battery box the fishmans also...all sound close....i cant really tell much difference but i do prefer the emg 81-x over them all....spech with the battery box set at 18 volts for the extra headroom...the switching capabilities of the fishman fluence in my guitar dont even offer an advantage i can hear through headphones but the guitar came with um so ill leave um be...and if anyone ever wondered or thought about getting the emg es-918 box DO IT but just ask for extra battery clips for all your guitars and possibly extra dummy batteries depending on how many have a cavity where the clips wont work....tc and enjoy life and jam on

mrvomit

Reaction score
just a word of warning about a brand of rechargables= Took 4 "Okcell " batteries reading they were ok in some forums ( 900mah in my case ) . It's a waste : Strong sibilance sound ,on full chord you hear regular sound ..but touching strings , being close to equipments or ending of the chords/notes they start to do that high pitch sibilance noise , unusable. 26 bucks in the bin or to be used elsewhere who knows when . Tried to wrap something (like a string package with sort of metal inside) to see if sort of shielding could mitigate that noise , no luck.
Also those batteries ere bit taller and did not fit battery compartment well .

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
Just from looking into it after not for a while, it seems like eneloop is still among the best in the game?

Edit: nvm. It's looking like they don't have a 9v.

mrvomit

Reaction score
weird。i have 10 or so ok cells and the work fine.
took them cause i was adviced about , anyway noticed after a search for "QCELL" in THAT THREAD someone told they were noisy and unusable too for guitar , i missed that message cause i did not think to look for "qcell" .. Meaning is hit or miss and thous and not recommendable ( all 4 of them are noisy and charged ,not mentioning the bit larger size .Pity!) *
I was intrigued by the usb connection to charge them as very convenient ..but well did waste some bucks at the end . *** Unless those i have are fake that i can't know ***
Guess ZNTER are a better bet ?

juka

Reaction score
took them cause i was adviced about , anyway noticed after a search for "QCELL" in THAT THREAD someone told they were noisy and unusable too for guitar , i missed that message cause i did not think to look for "qcell" .. Meaning is hit or miss and thous and not recommendable ( all 4 of them are noisy and charged ,not mentioning the bit larger size .Pity!) *
I was intrigued by the usb connection to charge them as very convenient ..but well did waste some bucks at the end . *** Unless those i have are fake that i can't know ***
Guess ZNTER are a better bet ?
Yes, at least for me ZNTER work noiseless while OK Cells were noisy as hell.
Still wish I found something rechargeable with real 9V output, like those Tensai 9.6v that pop up on the internet from time to time but never seem to be actually available

mrvomit

Reaction score
Yes, at least for me ZNTER work noiseless while OK Cells were noisy as hell.
Still wish I found something rechargeable with real 9V output, like those Tensai 9.6v that pop up on the internet from time to time but never seem to be actually available
where did you get yours? i'm tempted trying aliexpress for it 600/700mah znter official store,though cost the double as ok cell ( so fearing a bit the again throw away experience)

juka

Reaction score
where did you get yours? i'm tempted trying aliexpress for it 600/700mah znter official store,though cost the double as ok cell ( so fearing a bit the again throw away experience)
Bought them on Amazon over 4 years ago. Mine are 400mAh ones, don't know if the current 600mAh version are as good, but still available on Amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B09TVHH1J8Amazon product ASIN B08JB4CS9H
Links are just for reference not meant to advertise or sell something.

mrvomit

Reaction score
well i have a coupon on a-e i will try a 10 bucks in it , will let you know
Bought them on Amazon over 4 years ago. Mine are 400mAh ones, don't know if the current 600mAh version are as good, but still available on Amazon:

juka

Reaction score
New fluff bridge pup coming out?
Yes, videos popping up on Fishmans website and Fluff's own channel Riffs, Beards & Gear.

Great to see that at least the first of several long rumored/leaked prototypes starts to finally come out.
Let's hope the other ones follow soon.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Judging from Fluff's and SMR's videos, the Fluff bridge sounds muffled. I don't know if it's a matter of how they dial tones on their amps nowadays. Interesting that he used V1 of the Adler pup for his V2.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So it sounds like he took Voice 1 of the Dev bridge and made it both darker and mid-heavy.

Listening to both his and SMR's video... Fuuuuuuuck me I hate it. Cocked wah city. Voice 2 sounded so much better.
I'm still waiting to hear what Ben Eller's mystery pickup is. His videos sounded much better.

lewis

Reaction score
So it sounds like he took Voice 1 of the Dev bridge and made it both darker and mid-heavy.

Listening to both his and SMR's video... Fuuuuuuuck me I hate it. Cocked wah city.
Voice 2 sounded so much better.
I'm still waiting to hear what Ben Eller's mystery pickup is. His videos sounded much better.

To my ears, this describes every single Fishman pickup they've released.

Latest posts

')