The Fishman Fluence Thread

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Random question but anyone know wether or not the "strat battery pack" will fit on most conventional tremolo cutouts? Such as a floyd rose backplate etc.

I am getting a buz 7 SWWB and want the rechargeable battery pack when I get my fishmans and just want to see if I can use that backplate battery cover instead of drilling into the guitar for the universal adapter.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
could anyone tell me if this quick and terrible photoshop I have done of a single push/pull knob diagram, is correct?

Fluence-Modern-HB-Set-Wiring-Diagram-Vol-Tone-with-Universal-bat.jpg

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
could anyone tell me if this quick and terrible photoshop I have done of a single push/pull knob diagram, is correct?

Don’t connect that green and orange to the same pole on that switch. Move one of them up to the other pole.

Also don’t connect that ground from the pot casing to the jack ring. Just the one to the sleeve is fine

The way you have it, it will be powered all the time, rather than unpowered when you pull the cable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Don’t connect that green and orange to the same pole on that switch. Move one of them up to the other pole.

Also don’t connect that ground from the pot casing to the jack ring. Just the one to the sleeve is fine

The way you have it, it will be powered all the time, rather than unpowered when you pull the cable.
ah thank you.

So to confirm, -

sorry for being a noob. This is my first ever soldering/pickup installation so.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
and will any wire do for grounds? I dont have any additional wiring here and was going to use the "jumper" cables that come in the box as "ground" wires.
Will that work?
I've done that before. It will work fine.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
Random question but anyone know wether or not the "strat battery pack" will fit on most conventional tremolo cutouts? Such as a floyd rose backplate etc.

I am getting a buz 7 SWWB and want the rechargeable battery pack when I get my fishmans and just want to see if I can use that backplate battery cover instead of drilling into the guitar for the universal adapter.

Thanks all!

I don't have personal experience. But, I saw a video from Ben Eller where he was demoing the moderns and I asked him if he was using a battery pack. He said that he was using the "strat battery pack". This was on one of his Ibanez RGs (with an Edge, obviously).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Thanks all!

Do they have the dimensions of the battery pack online? Could probably check.

In my experience, not every back plate is made equal.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
I don't have personal experience. But, I saw a video from Ben Eller where he was demoing the moderns and I asked him if he was using a battery pack. He said that he was using the "strat battery pack". This was on one of his Ibanez RGs (with an Edge, obviously).

Do they have the dimensions of the battery pack online? Could probably check.

In my experience, not every back plate is made equal.

MANY THANKS!!

Ben Eller is the man, and I will certainly measure. I figured this was a quicker route before I emailed for dimensions.

Thanks as always.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
MANY THANKS!!

Ben Eller is the man, and I will certainly measure. I figured this was a quicker route before I emailed for dimensions.

Thanks as always.

upload_2019-1-31_21-45-32.png

I have a photo from my guitar tech regarding the universal battery install. He sent me a photo of one he was working on. I can send that to you if you'd like to see how much room it takes up.

Screw it. I'll just post it in case anyone is curious. Should have done it sooner seeing as how helpful everyone on this thread has been. I should chip in.

upload_2019-1-31_21-49-17.png

The PCB and the blue thing are for the sustaniac that's installed.

upload_2019-1-31_21-50-28.png

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
So I’m looking for some help here guys. Thinking of ordering another Aristides Thing is ... don’t know which of these pickups would best suit what I’m looking for KM Fishman set or BareKnuckle Ragnarok? Looking for a thick meaty low end for heavy playing in drop C but also want great cleans. Let me know your thoughts currently using Fishman moderns and also have the single coil set. I don’t have much experience with passive pick ups which is the reason for my question.

Fishman Killswitch Engage signature set. They play drop C. They do nice clean sounds.

Voice 1 is your EMG81 with some extra kids and less low end.

Voice 2 is the more passive sound which has a LOT of chunk in the low end. ‘Thick and meaty’ requirement is absolutely met.

And the split coils do sound good also.

lewis

Reaction score
Can the EMG Solderless kit with the additional 3 way solderless pickup - selector, and a long shaft push/pull solderless volume pot, work with the Fishman fluence moderns?

mrdm53

Reaction score
Quick question:

Is there any specific model for neck or bridge pickup for Moderns, like Duncan Blackout neck and bridge? or can i swap between bridge and neck (ex: EMG 81-85, with 85 in bridge and 81 in neck)?

Indigo Shinigami

Said the p-word once
Reaction score
Quick question:

Is there any specific model for neck or bridge pickup for Moderns, like Duncan Blackout neck and bridge? or can i swap between bridge and neck (ex: EMG 81-85, with 85 in bridge and 81 in neck)?
They're perfectly interchangeable, and some would argue that doing so is better than the "intended" position. Fishman themselves encourage giving it a shot too, so have at it.

lewis

Reaction score
so got the fishmans installed on the EMG solderless set and the solderless 3 way switch however im only getting signal on Neck pickup, nothing on middle or bridge?

what have I done wrong?

51066712-1799969980109781-6923325532683632640-n.jpg

51861083-396551554428219-4186814328655052800-n.jpg

Last edited: