The Fishman Fluence Thread

lewis

Reaction score
Is there a way to access V2 permanently using EMG quick connect stuff?
I have everything setup atm stuck in V1 on the moderns. (No push/pull because i went full emg solderless)

Is it as simple as plug in something different on the back of the pickups or something?

Strobe

Reaction score
Is there a way to access V2 permanently using EMG quick connect stuff?
I have everything setup atm stuck in V1 on the moderns. (No push/pull because i went full emg solderless)

Is it as simple as plug in something different on the back of the pickups or something?

Use the jumper. Little black thing that came with wiring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

KSE set?

Voice 2 (passive voice) is like the modern, but with a much larger low end, less gain, but still lots of attack.

And the KSE pickup in both voicing is brighter than the modern.

That would be the Will Adler set. Its Voice 1 is exactly what you describe.

Sorry, I need an 8-string set.

Also my experience with the Moderns is the complete opposite of how you're describing.

V1 is EXTREMELY midrangey, not a lot of bass, and a rolled off high end with some string attack
V2 Is super scooped, lots of low end/low mid growl, and a very present high mid/high end pick attack

In my experience, the V2 of the Classics remind me of V2 of the Moderns, just with more mids and growl and less extreme low end.

your description pretty much mirrors my thoughts on V1/V2 of the moderns.
V2 of the moderns is hands down my favorite, V1 is just too clanky and thin sounding for a lot of my riffs.

Maybe I’ve got them backwards? They came with the guitar. With the knob pulled up, the voicing is thick and smooth; with the knob down is edgier and I guess clanky. Ideally one of the other sets offers something in the middle?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
The Moreno I play the Tosins the more I like them. I usually hate super bright pickups but these are so clear and good.

I want to get another set more my other Strandberg. I kind of want to go with the classics.

I’m looking over this thread and the Fishman site. Did the original covered classics not have a single coil mode? The classic information they have posted now says that the current covered classics have a single coil mode.

Is it the same voicing as the open core classics or is it different. Can’t make heads or tails of the Fishman website information.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
On the underside of the pickup there's a bunch of pins. You can jump two together for voice2/single coil/etc. Use this as reference

https://goo.gl/images/2hRGF3

Look at J2 and you can see two pins with a lane that shows what you should jump for each.

*NOt sure which pickup you have or if the back looks the same.

Strobe

Reaction score
? so how does that work and where do I plug it?

Basically, you put the jumper over the 2 pins you want always on. For example, on one of my guitars with moderns, I decided I wanted the V1 gain reduction always on. I put the jumper on those two pins for V1 gain in the back. In connected them both (sending it to ground), and became the same as a switch being flipped always on for V1 gain reduction. I don't have a picture handy, or I would send that.

EDIT: See above, beat me to it.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a classic bridge with these connections?

Fishman scrubs old revision documents from their website.

I’m wondering if these can be tapped and if they sound differently then the newer ones.

96-B1-B55-D-2123-45-C6-9415-4-E430906013-C.png

lewis

Reaction score
So jumper cable plugged in to voice 2 and other end solder to ground?
Seems easy if so.
Nice

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
To anyone holding out for the open core classics for the voice 3. Fishman replies to my email and says that the voice 3 of the open coil is the same as the split from the old covered classics.

Think the km has a different voicing tho.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
So jumper cable plugged in to voice 2 and other end solder to ground?
Seems easy if so.
Nice
What do you mean by 'other end'?

You wouldn't do any additional soldering. The jumper is just completing a circuit

bmth4111

Reaction score
Does any one experience a sitarish sound from these pickups on the unwound high strings?

Avedas

Reaction score
Are the Tosin set only soapbar sized? Or can they be used to replace passives as well (on a 7 string straight scale)?

Avedas

Reaction score
I found the tabbed size ones that should drop in but nobody is selling them, so I guess that plan is dead.

Avedas

Reaction score

lewis

Reaction score
No matter how i change EQ, live going direct, these moderns always translate as sounding kind of thin.

Last night i had mids nearly cranked, bass full and depth just over noon (ax8 - depth is like resonance) and it still sounded scooped/thin lacking body.

Anyone else have this issue? They seen like a good recording pickup but live they dont punch you in the face like other pups do.