The Fishman Fluence Thread

Reaction score
They are all super bright if you are used to passives.

The abasi have the best clean tones and are the most versatile.
I am, so I guess there's that. I'm adverse to Carpenter set since it seems it's just all flame thrower and more flame thrower. Since this is my only guitar right now and for the foreseeable future, I need some level of versatility since I'm not always playing some genre of metal. How close can the abasi set get to say old In Flames or Killswitch? Of course amp and cab and od's play a role in that (going to be using full modeling with either Helix of Fm3).

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Darker isn't really what I'm going for per se, so that's helpful. For the Moderns, is it a kind of clean that you need to add a little chorus and reverb to make it more convincing as a clean tone?

They can be made that way. But it's not the best. The classics have a better clean profile. With the moderns like any high gain active pickups, it can get spiky with a strong attack if you don't pick carefully and your amp's clean channel breaks up easily.

The best clean from the ceramic fluence offerings is the tosin. Voice 3 single coil tones are tele-like and it does have some twang. And it's voice 2 clean from the neck and bridge are kinds similar to my SG clean to mid gain.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
@LeviathanKiller what kind of range of tones do you play with the Merrow set?

Just about everything. I prefer most of my passive sets over them though. I'm actually considering taking them out of the KM-7 MK-3 that my last set of them came in. I've already removed them from my KM-7 MK-2.

Reaction score
Just about everything. I prefer most of my passive sets over them though. I'm actually considering taking them out of the KM-7 MK-3 that my last set of them came in. I've already removed them from my KM-7 MK-2.
Interesting. What's replacing them? And what tones can't you coax out of the Merrows?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Interesting. What's replacing them? And what tones can't you coax out of the Merrows?
It's a bit more about dynamics when it comes to the Merrows lacking something. The tone is just a tad harsh for them to be as versatile as I want too.
I've replaced nearly all of my pickups with Guitarmory sets. I have like 17 sets so far. I've got maybe 4 sets that aren't Guitarmory that are installed in a guitar.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
My set comes Thursday. The tech said to come in Saturday so maybe this weekend ill have it dropped off most likely. As long as the third pot comes in before Saturday which it should then the Stephen carpenter set will be put in fairly quickly. He owes me BIG TIME

elkoki

Reaction score
My set comes Thursday. The tech said to come in Saturday so maybe this weekend ill have it dropped off most likely. As long as the third pot comes in before Saturday which it should then the Stephen carpenter set will be put in fairly quickly. He owes me BIG TIME

What do you mean by third pot? The SC only comes with 2 pots? My Fluence set came with 4

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
I ordered the third for the three tonal Options at Mikes instructions and diagrams

I outlined above ^^^
I am moving too fast. You’re right. I don’t have any fishman’s that I can play at my local shops (guitar centers here dont usually have guitars like that). But its all good. I made a mistake and I spoke to Mike at Fishman

So: The reason I contacted them was I wanted the full tonal palette. After researching and watching vids on YouTube, i found out, Carpenter has THREE , not two, tonal options on the palette.

Pot 1: The voicing, 1 and 2 and however that goes
Pot 2: the split/single coil option, either outer two, inner two, or double hum split
Pot 3: the HF tilt Which is the one I’m after most of all

However, i wanted all 3....now i thought the EMG RPC would be a good addition, but that would be overkill because that would be a double boost with the HF Tilt

So I’m good: the question is whether to pay to install them or not?? I am not really comfy doing this type of work, but I also think the video on you tube is easy to follow....my problem is theres no wiring diagram for the 3 options because I’ve only seen one other person do what I’m trying to do with these pickups

Otherwise, there will soon be a Stephen Carpenter 7 string set up for sale lol

[It was between the Fishman SC set i bought or Lace DB7/Hum 7, and because i got a SICK deal on the Fishman set, i took it, but i definitely want them....its about the install at this point, i gotta throw it in my RG 7620)

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
Elkoki
My carpenters are here today!!! Yay, so if that pot comes in by Friday, I’m having this installed this weekend and ill probably be posting pics and clips next weekend

lewis

Reaction score
Elkoki
My carpenters are here today!!! Yay, so if that pot comes in by Friday, I’m having this installed this weekend and ill probably be posting pics and clips next weekend

Might be an excellent time to do these and the 81 + RPC clips all at the same time as an interesting comparison between the sets

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
EDIT - they fixed It

I expressed my utter and extreme dissatisfaction and then told them my installer was a fishman dealer, and they said theyd UPS it right over to them instead

so they are alright

diagrams on the other hand ;p lol

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
I’m extremely annnoyed with Fishman. Their CS is for shit. I ordered another pot, and it got confiscated by USPS. I showed them tracking, and that I wasn’t getting the pot sent to my home because of whatever they found, i guess the metal???

Anyway, their solution: just buy another pot and if the other one shows up i can return it! Rude on top of it

Lol what customer service!
WOAH

Thats fucking terrible.... Wow a real low from them if thats true

Reaction score
It's a bit more about dynamics when it comes to the Merrows lacking something. The tone is just a tad harsh for them to be as versatile as I want too.
I've replaced nearly all of my pickups with Guitarmory sets. I have like 17 sets so far. I've got maybe 4 sets that aren't Guitarmory that are installed in a guitar.
That's commitment. And to a good cause.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I’m actually considering ditching the set now and just keep my Evos

I’m very annoyed

And you’re right diagram!!
Ok they reshipped directly to my installer who Happened to be a Fishman authorized dealer

So they are worth it ! I think lol
wow such a roller coaster, do keep us appraised of every minute detail surrounding this situation. :rolleyes:

')