The Fishman Fluence Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
image.jpg
wow such a roller coaster, do keep us appraised of every minute detail surrounding this situation. :rolleyes:
You got it boss

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
So if they can make a humbucker with "true" single coil voice, can they make a single coil with a humbucker voice?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
So if they can make a humbucker with "true" single coil voice, can they make a single coil with a humbucker voice?

I mean it's arguable whether or not its a true single coil voice.

But the other way doesn't really work...since you need two single coils in a certain size package. They can definitely make noise less singles or a hum bucker in a single coil size. but it's not gonna be the same.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I mean it's arguable whether or not its a true single coil voice.

But the other way doesn't really work...since you need two single coils in a certain size package. They can definitely make noise less singles or a hum bucker in a single coil size. but it's not gonna be the same.
Idk they talk about not doing traditional wound coil technology and using some digital kind of stuff.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
Idk they talk about not doing traditional wound coil technology and using some digital kind of stuff.
I wish I had a better understand if it myself
I beleive it’s not winding at all, I think it’s two circuit boards in between the magnetic poles and a processor
Is producing the sound
Honestly the way it sound to me is it’s almost like a modeling pickup
Idk
If someone knows please explain the tech cuz EMG is ez, it’s An active preamp

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Processor? No. The circuit board layers replace the windings for consistency. I believe Fluence pickups come with Fishman active preamps, just like EMGs. From Keith's account a few months back, it seems that Fishman do have a modeller pickup that they use during the design phase, using computer software, they tweak certain parameters until desired tone achieved, but then these parameters are used to produce the real pickup which has no processors or digital emulation whatsoever.

lewis

Reaction score
Who here has used the Modern Ceramic bridge pickup? Seems like it’d be pretty gnarly but I’ve yet to talk to someone who has used one.
Yeah i have modern ceramic in my main gigging guitar. Voice one is insanely tight and thin. Needs a lower tuning to compliment it or an amp that has massive but controlled bass on tap. Its tone is almoat cocked wah like. High mid focus.
voice 2 i didnt really like for my tuning and style. It was boomy

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
Yeah i have modern ceramic in my main gigging guitar. Voice one is insanely tight and thin. Needs a lower tuning to compliment it or an amp that has massive but controlled bass on tap. Its tone is almoat cocked wah like. High mid focus.
That’s what I’m concerned about, too much low mids , from what I’ve been “reading about the SC” but so few people have them or have reported so i dont know

Im BANKING hard on the H/F Tilt! If that doesn’t work, I guess Ill know what to do with that extra RPC I got laying around looking for a quick connect home to go to lol

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
That’s what I’m concerned about, too much low mids , from what I’ve been “reading about the SC” but so few people have them or have reported so i dont know

Im BANKING hard on the H/F Tilt! If that doesn’t work, I guess Ill know what to do with that extra RPC I got laying around looking for a quick connect home to go to lol
If you're going to play a higher tuning than me(drop G),you shouldn't have any problems.Again,the only thing I don't like is the big difference in volume between the two voices for the neck/middle pickup and the louder of the two also being boomy(the big round hump that Arnold talked about in his review video).

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
If you're going to play a higher tuning than me(drop G),you shouldn't have any problems.Again,the only thing I don't like is the big difference in volume between the two voices for the neck/middle pickup and the louder of the two also being boomy(the big round hump that Arnold talked about in his review video).
No, I dont tune that low. I use B standard...i rarely ever downtune my 7 string.
Only my 8string stays low. I prefer 27-29.5” scale for anything under B standard on a 7 (meaning F# or lower has to be on my 8 string)

Thanks for the feedback, i think ill be alright
I’m on my way to the shop in an hour so ::Fingers crossed he finishes today::

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Who here has used the Modern Ceramic bridge pickup? Seems like it’d be pretty gnarly but I’ve yet to talk to someone who has used one.

Basically the quote below, but I didn't mind voice 2 actually (preferred it over voice 1) but I have other sets that were fairly similar but edged out with me liking more, so I'm just going to use those. lol
Swapping the two pickups in the Modern set so that you have the alnico in the bridge and the ceramic in the neck was much better imo. It still wasn't really my thing but it sounded much fuller and was more enjoyable to play as a result.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Just thinkint out loud....So those Fishman Fluence Singles look very interesting, but I think that circuit board baseplate flange might not fit in direct mount with symmetrical routes.
whitestrat_square_large.jpg

vs.

s.jpg

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
So Peekamoose has her
2 weeks till I get her back

Even Paul Schwartz who is a arguably the best tech on earth was even like”these look so cool, especially with the boost, but i still have yet to personally try it”

So I told him feel free to take her for a test drive after you install

We are doin the voicing , hf tilt, and I got an extra diagram for split coil middle mode!!!! Can’t wait dude

Fuck EMG LOL jk

lewis

Reaction score
So Peekamoose has her

Even Paul Schwartz who is a arguably the best tech on earth was even like”these look so cool, especially with the boost, but i still have yet to personally try it”

We are doin the voicing , hf tilt, and I got an extra diagram for split coil middle mode!!!! Can’t wait dude

Fuck EMG LOL jk

haha! you can enjoy and use both like me. ;) We dont need "vs" talk anymore.

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
So Peekamoose has her

Fuck EMG LOL jk
Let us know how the split sounds.My guitar didn't have the split or HF tilt functions.

')