The Fishman Fluence Thread

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
Absoltuely obsidian , I plan on making some clips for Lewis anyway, he keeps nagging the shit out of me so ill do it all at once in a couple of weeks like he requested....geez the things i do for my friends lol lol

And Lewis you are right bro...no more versus, especially cuz i have like 4 EMG equipped guitars worth over 2k each, so I cant hate, not all the way anyway

Plus i still have yet to hear this shit but my god, after Paul’s reaction on the TRIPLE threat i had diagrammed, he said its simple enough, just a little routing, a long sleeve output jack and ill be in business.....the rg7620 really is the most basic amazing 7 string. There’s no room in there for the battery at all, so we’re taking a chunk out

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
Who here has used the Modern Ceramic bridge pickup? Seems like it’d be pretty gnarly but I’ve yet to talk to someone who has used one.

I've had/have the Modern in 3 guitars. In my Schecter C-7 Hellraiser it sounded the best, it's naturally a dark sounding guitar because of it's huge mahogany neck and body. The brightness of the pickup mixed with the dark tone of the guitar balanced each other really well...

In the other 2 Schecters, S-1 & C7 SLS , which are both swamp ash, they sound pretty bright, kind of thin & lots of mids.. In standard tuning they sound good, but they sound excellent in drop tunings. I haven't tried the HF tilt thing though.

To be 100% honest, in the SLS I can hardly make out the difference between voice 1 & 2. In my S-1 the difference is waaay more noticeable. Voice 2 sounds a little looser & bassier. Which I actually kind of like because it's such a bright guitar.

elkoki

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can use any capacitor for Fluence pickups? Or there specific ones you need to use for active pickups? I don't know much about this stuff.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
I have to be honest. When Paul looked at the kit, he said, hmmm ok they have everything, but they are using 50k pots and what not so he said its FAR different than EMG, in fact, except for the active component, i think from my understanding, they share barely anything in common but thats my uneducated guess based off my reading and my tech

lewis

Reaction score
Absoltuely obsidian , I plan on making some clips for Lewis anyway, he keeps nagging the shit out of me so ill do it all at once in a couple of weeks like he requested....geez the things i do for my friends lol lol

And Lewis you are right bro...no more versus, especially cuz i have like 4 EMG equipped guitars worth over 2k each, so I cant hate, not all the way anyway

Plus i still have yet to hear this shit but my god, after Paul’s reaction on the TRIPLE threat i had diagrammed, he said its simple enough, just a little routing, a long sleeve output jack and ill be in business.....the rg7620 really is the most basic amazing 7 string. There’s no room in there for the battery at all, so we’re taking a chunk out

Whilst i would be grateful for a clip, i did only ask you once and if you didnt mind ;)

Wouldnt say thats nagging but hey ho.

Masoo2

Reaction score
6 string baritone, Drop F/E, want to nail that Vildhjarta/Humanity's Last Breath/thall tone

Buster recently switched over to Fishmans but just wanted to ask here to see what you guys say

Moderns vs Open Core Classics vs Others

Compressed low end to nail those deathcore-esque chugs and djenty note separation, super glassy highs for cleans (open core classics have the single coil voice 3 now), and a bit of mid twang when needed

Voice 1 of the Moderns seems like my ideal compressed tone, but moving past towards glassy highs and twangy mids makes me wonder if something like the Classics would work better, though Voice 2 of the Moderns also seem to bring forth that mid twang in a slight less-gainy way which is interesting.

I would consider Lundgren M8s or BKP Aftermaths/Impulses, but the guitar is already wired for EMGs with a battery box so I might as well give Fluences a shot

juka

Reaction score
I have to be honest. When Paul looked at the kit, he said, hmmm ok they have everything, but they are using 50k pots and what not so he said its FAR different than EMG, in fact, except for the active component, i think from my understanding, they share barely anything in common but thats my uneducated guess based off my reading and my tech
No, pots have the same value. So if you have a guitar with EMGs installed you can just plug in Fishmans (just V1) or vice versa.

Taikatatti

Reaction score
6 string baritone, Drop F/E, want to nail that Vildhjarta/Humanity's Last Breath/thall tone

Buster recently switched over to Fishmans but just wanted to ask here to see what you guys say

Moderns vs Open Core Classics vs Others

Compressed low end to nail those deathcore-esque chugs and djenty note separation, super glassy highs for cleans (open core classics have the single coil voice 3 now), and a bit of mid twang when needed

Voice 1 of the Moderns seems like my ideal compressed tone, but moving past towards glassy highs and twangy mids makes me wonder if something like the Classics would work better, though Voice 2 of the Moderns also seem to bring forth that mid twang in a slight less-gainy way which is interesting.

I would consider Lundgren M8s or BKP Aftermaths/Impulses, but the guitar is already wired for EMGs with a battery box so I might as well give Fluences a shot

I would go for modern ceramic. Big part of Busters tone is his playing style and the string gauges he uses. His Kameckis have evertunes so he can get away with using really light strings, which kinda brings that twang.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I would go for modern ceramic. Big part of Busters tone is his playing style and the string gauges he uses. His Kameckis have evertunes so he can get away with using really light strings, which kinda brings that twang.
For sure about his string gauges. I'm already a big proponent of lighter-than-heavier, so I'm going to have no problem at all opting for a similar string set (really want to try out his tuning style of Drop _ for the lowest four and then two high strings a semitone apart). Whether I opt for a 72 and 56 on the lower strings or 70 and 54 I'm not certain yet, but nevertheless it's not like I'd be going for 80s and up

The Modern Ceramic was the first Fluence to grab my attention so it's the one I've been leaning towards the most. Something about the high end that I've heard from the Classics just seems excellent though, but I'm sure the Moderns would still deliver on that front far more than any pickup I've used before (mostly stock OEM stuff).

I'm not immediately dissing the EMGs though, still going to give them a fair shot and see how they fair down to F/E/D/C

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Dropped moderns into my Strandberg.

Easy change. The clips plugged right in. Depending on your revision the only difference is that the standard modern connector is a 6 because of high fi tilt.

Need to spend more time with them but my first impression is that I like the classics better.

Bridge: compressed. Other voice even more compressed. Definitely a shit ton of output. More then the classics at the same pickup heigh. But I feel like v2 of the classics can achieve around the same thing by being placed a little bit higher.

Split coils: this is actual good. Usable split coils. The classics lose a lot of output when split.

Neck: this neck is a mistake. It’s been a long time since I plugged a pickup in and thought what the eff. This made me go what. Cocked wah all day. Free wah. You didn’t have a wah before? Now you got a wah. Wah wah wah. Every note wah wah wah.

Wah wah wah.

Classics going back in neck string change.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing with the Modern neck. It's less EMG 60 and more EMG 85. Which I don't like. At all. Voice 2 is just... there. :lol:

The Classic neck is leaps and bounds better. Voice 1 is amazing for cleans. Like a single coil meets a humbucker. Voice 2 is amazing for dirt due to the fluid midrange it has.

And yeah, I agree V2 of the Classics are better than the Modern's V2. Less output, less low end, growlier midrange.

angl2k

Reaction score
Who here has used the Modern Ceramic bridge pickup? Seems like it’d be pretty gnarly but I’ve yet to talk to someone who has used one.

I have tried the 6 string version in a maple/mahogany ESP Horizon into an Engl Savage. Drop C.

Bridge voice 1 is tight and percussive. I think it sounds similar to an 81 but with a bit more low end and a bit more high mids. Voice 2 has definitely more low end, it's more useful in standard tuning or mid gain tones. Can't remember my exact gain settings but I think the 81 has more output of the 2. I prefer the 81 for standard tuning and the modern ceramic v1 for D standard and drop C tuning.

I also have the 7 string version in a maple/alder ESP Horizon into the same amp (drop A). It's chunky but not muddy on the 7th string (light gauges also help). I did notice that the low E sounds a bit softer than the low A and the mid A. Might be a string gauge thing since I use a regular 6 string set with a separate single for the 7th string.

Didn't like the modern neck at all, EMG 60A is the best neck active pup with my style and rig.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I’m going to be putting up a pair of Modern Ceramic 8’s up in the gear for sale thread later, feel free to PM me if interested. They came out of my RGD71ALMS and as such have the brushed steel cap (which doesn’t appear to be an available option elsewhere).

nateispro

Reaction score
I’m going to be putting up a pair of Modern Ceramic 8’s up in the gear for sale thread later, feel free to PM me if interested. They came out of my RGD71ALMS and as such have the brushed steel cap (which doesn’t appear to be an available option elsewhere).

Messaged you!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Question for all the fluence experts;
For the sets that have it, is voice 3 different than coil splitting? Trying to figure out the wiring for a Tosin set I have coming and they seem to refer to both terms in some places but only mention splitting on the diagrams.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Question for all the fluence experts;
For the sets that have it, is voice 3 different than coil splitting? Trying to figure out the wiring for a Tosin set I have coming and they seem to refer to both terms in some places but only mention splitting on the diagrams.

No. The single coil voicing is a split that has its own voice profile on the abasis.

On the modern and og classics the split would just split the bucker. The p/p voicing for 1/2 would still effect the single coil sound.

teof

Reaction score
Guys, need some guidance. I have a HSH guitar with as normal 5 way switch. Single vol and tone. I have a set of open core fishman humbuckers. Is it possible to install the fishmans? I wasn't able to find a wiring diagram on fisman site other than one that is using a 5-Position 4P5T “Super Switch”. My 5 way looks like this https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...3kAhVFILcAHeYcBI4QMwjAAShFMEU&iact=mrc&uact=8.

Will be grateful if anyone of you could provide me with some guidance or direct me to a wiring diagram. Many thanks guys.

')