The Fishman Fluence Thread

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Theoretically, sure that makes sense. I also dont solder [well] so I dont want to ruin these pickups, because then i wont be able to have anyone fix it during these times....I wonder why Fishman is so vague with technical information and wiring diagrams, something you would think [they know] is essential

The X factor here is the Fluence core, it makes a huge difference, and it looks to me from reading here and online that people have to try crazy things to see if it works, while fishman doesnt really care to help

IDK, all i know is I think the Fluence are the most amazing pickups Ive ever heard, and I mean that completely sincerely.

It's actually really simple if you take the time to think about how they are setup. The fishman's are actually much much easier to wire then regular pickups. Everything is either an on-off switch or an override. Very simple.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
According to Ken on the live stream Interview with Keith Merrow. Colored Merrow sets are going to be released. Not sure on colors beside white. He joked about Lambo Colors but said more options will be available.

Not sure if this will include other sets as they were not mentioned (I would assume so)

lewis

Reaction score
About time this happened. Bareknuckle has been putting everyone to shame for years.
2020 and EMG for example still cant offer anything colour wise except white and red?!

Dumb asf

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Watching the Matt Heafy interview right now, he has a Custom Fishman Fluence (with gold accent) to be released soon (I think). Epiphone will be re-releasing his sigs in 6,7, and with/without Evertune, 8 models overall.

Fluence of Shred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's actually really simple if you take the time to think about how they are setup. The fishman's are actually much much easier to wire then regular pickups. Everything is either an on-off switch or an override. Very simple.
Hey man I’m not worried, more concerned if it’s worth doing with out a preset voicing in the core. Ive read poor results but it’s worth trying.
Anyone tried soldering their Modern/SRC set to Coil tap, with a double pull double throw switch ?

or maybe use a tutorial ?

Fluence of Shred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure how how and where to put the DPDT Switch near the 3 way selector and then the soldering to the fickups little coil tap tab looks like you need some skill

what do you suggest as guides?

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
I noticed the Tosin 8 set disappeared from some etailers selection. As in sold out/ not carrying said item anymore. Anyone know anything about this?

Stephenar19

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wasn’t sure if this is new thread worthy or not, but I just picked up a used 752 with fishmans. The thing is, I’m not sure which model they are and there doesn’t seem to be a battery anywhere. Tone-wise they sound great but I get an annoying amount of feedback from them when I’m not playing. From what I can see the wiring seems to check out but I haven’t traced it all out against a diagram.

Is it possible for these to be wired without a battery and that’s why they’re giving feedback? Or am I missing something?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wasn’t sure if this is new thread worthy or not, but I just picked up a used 752 with fishmans. The thing is, I’m not sure which model they are and there doesn’t seem to be a battery anywhere. Tone-wise they sound great but I get an annoying amount of feedback from them when I’m not playing. From what I can see the wiring seems to check out but I haven’t traced it all out against a diagram.

Is it possible for these to be wired without a battery and that’s why they’re giving feedback? Or am I missing something?
make sure they're properly grounded and the electronics cavities are decently shielded.

Stephenar19

Reaction score
Ok will do. I asked a tech and he said adding a battery would just make it run hotter. Is this true?

Stephenar19

Reaction score
Well I feel stupid... I opened it back up and in fact there is a battery, it was just in an odd spot.

Thanks, I'll look into making sure there's some proper shielding on these bad boys. Is there any way to know what model they are without completely pulling them out?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Well I feel stupid... I opened it back up and in fact there is a battery, it was just in an odd spot.

Thanks, I'll look into making sure there's some proper shielding on these bad boys. Is there any way to know what model they are without completely pulling them out?

also get a new tech.

')