The Fishman Fluence Thread

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Yeah it’s direct mount and I realized quickly after posting that all the corners are rounded so the guitar would need routing for sure. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So I dropped my Fusion off Tuesday to get the Javier set and SSA (plus a tremol-no) installed. Guy said it should be done end of week. Cool. Calls yesterday. He was about done, but turns out the neck pickup was bad. Like, visible damage to the circuit board. So he’s contacting Fishman to see if they will send a replacement, which he seemed certain they will, having worked with them in past and it was a faulty product. But man, between getting the wrong Tosin set (which I’ve since received the correct set) and this, I'm just having the best luck :lol:

elkoki

Reaction score
So I dropped my Fusion off Tuesday to get the Javier set and SSA (plus a tremol-no) installed. Guy said it should be done end of week. Cool. Calls yesterday. He was about done, but turns out the neck pickup was bad. Like, visible damage to the circuit board. So he’s contacting Fishman to see if they will send a replacement, which he seemed certain they will, having worked with them in past and it was a faulty product. But man, between getting the wrong Tosin set (which I’ve since received the correct set) and this, I'm just having the best luck :lol:
As long as he didnt fry the circuit board and blamed it on fluence then cool. Sometimes these techs man... they really do some dumb sh*t . I know from experience..

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as he didnt fry the circuit board and blamed it on fluence then cool. Sometimes these techs man... they really do some dumb sh*t . I know from experience..

Not sure what happened, but he said it was working split but not in full humbucker mode.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I like the tone of my J Larada (basswood body + wenge neck + ebony fingerboard) and I’m wondering if putting the Abasi set in another guitar with basswood body + maple neck + rosewood fingerboard would give similar results.

My main fear is to end up with a super bright tone with way too much hair.

Can’t find any detailed pickup EQ info for the Abasi set on Fishman’s website (except peak frequency info).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like the tone of my J Larada (basswood body + wenge neck + ebony fingerboard) and I’m wondering if putting the Abasi set in another guitar with basswood body + maple neck + rosewood fingerboard would give similar results.

My main fear is to end up with a super bright tone with way too much hair.

Can’t find any detailed pickup EQ info for the Abasi set on Fishman’s website (except peak frequency info).

They're like EMG in which they don't show the EQ, just the peak freq. You have to go by word of mouth with how they sound.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
That kinda sucks when you wanna match pickups with tone wood.

I’ve played the Abasi set in my Larada, but it’s pretty hard (for me) to infer from there how these pickups would sound with a different neck-fingerboard wood.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
nope not tone wooding today.

they'll probably sound fine.

Yeah. Honestly given all the guitars I've played through; it's less about tone wood and just the tonal quality of the guitar itself. I've played alder and swamp ash guitars that sound dull and Basswood and mahogany guitars that sound bright and snappy

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Sure, bridge/neck type, chambered/non-chambered, scale length and assembly are important.

@diagrammatiks I didn’t want to morph this into a tone wood discussion (which I hate), I was just wondering if anybody had tried the Abasi set in a guitar with the specs I listed above. I guess not.

Last edited:

WYLD STALLYNS

ESP Custom Shopper
Reaction score
nope not tone wooding today.

they'll probably sound fine.
+1

Yeah. Honestly given all the guitars I've played through; it's less about tone wood and just the tonal quality of the guitar itself. I've played alder and swamp ash guitars that sound dull and Basswood and mahogany guitars that sound bright and snappy
+2

And +3, it won’t be much different, if at all. Your post and questions are legit and I would wonder them myself with passives, but with Fluence, somewhat like EMG, I think the only thing that makes any “slight” difference is the body/wood, meaning the size/shape of the body and the type of wood [both the tone/tree and whether its a chambered or solid body] as the question does ask.....

But you know, at this point, it would be minimal, just a guess myself, but after years of trial and error, most of these Veteran (like Jazzhands and diagramatakis) tend to have a lot of good info about these products, so besides agreeing with their posts, I tend to agree with them as well for whatever that’s worth

elkoki

Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but he said it was working split but not in full humbucker mode.
I hope this isnt a common problem with Fluences. I have an unused extra set that I'm trying to sell, wouldn't want a buyer to get a broken pickup.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope this isnt a common problem with Fluences. I have an unused extra set that I'm trying to sell, wouldn't want a buyer to get a broken pickup.

Nah, I've had a couple sets now and this is the first time anything like that had happened. Otherwise I'd be concerned too because I plan on selling the Moderns I'm taking out my 7 to put Tosins into.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Sure, bridge/neck type, chambered/non-chambered, scale length and assembly are important.

@diagrammatiks I didn’t want to morph this into a tone wood discussion (which I hate), I was just wondering if anybody had tried the Abasi set in a guitar with the specs I listed above. I guess not.

I have the Abasi set on one of my basswood DXMG. Basswood, Maple neck, Rosewood board. The Abasis are bright but not too bright in there. It was brighter in my Alder Soloist. The treble on the Abasis is on the sweeter side vs the agressive highs on a Modern.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I have the Abasi set on one of my basswood DXMG. Basswood, Maple neck, Rosewood board. The Abasis are bright but not too bright in there. It was brighter in my Alder Soloist. The treble on the Abasis is on the sweeter side vs the agressive highs on a Modern.

Thanks a lot for the info. I had an apprehension of the highs, having tested moderns on this guitar and not having liked all the “hair” they add.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Update: Fishman is sending the guitar tech a replacement Javier neck pickup, so that solves that. In the meantime, since they need to wait on that, I dropped my Strandberg 7 off to have the Tosins installed and do a set up, and that should hopefully be done by the end of the week.

hensh!n

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Update: Fishman is sending the guitar tech a replacement Javier neck pickup, so that solves that. In the meantime, since they need to wait on that, I dropped my Strandberg 7 off to have the Tosins installed and do a set up, and that should hopefully be done by the end of the week.

Did Fishman send you a dud?

')