The Gibson fan club

• Thread starter Nag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garnoch

Reaction score
Love all these but that V is AWESOME!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garnoch

Reaction score
My 1984 Explorer. I've had it since '89.
Built in the Nashville plant on September 19th, 1984
Alder body, Maple neck, Ebony fingerboard, Dirty Finger pickups, Kahler trem

7576318680_9c5f43c69e_b.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
My 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio, please excuse the EMGs, I was young. And I know I goofed hard when I strung it up, I was half asleep at the time.

c9acD.jpg

OJLPU.jpg

jm8z4.jpg

Eth8T.jpg

5b5iP.jpg

i always thought that the studio versions lacked binding. even if its plastic or whatever...but that guitar of yours sure is PERFECT just the way it is!!!

as for me. i've never had a gibson, nor do care for the brand name (ie, if i own a gibson, i automatically become better than the world, silly attitude...), however, some of my favorite guitars of all time are made by gibson. and its not even their higher end guitars either...nor are they liked by people for some odd reason. but the ones i like are the:
gibson BFG:
gibson_bfg.jpg

first, i LOVE its neck. i love how the grain pops up through the finish on its neck. i LOVE how rouged the guitar is, and how 'basic' it is. nothing fancy. plus, a P90 in the neck such is kick ass.

again, i have no idea why many hate the BFG so much

and my second favorite one is the original version of the 'faded brown/vintage mahogany' guitars:
gibson-les-paul-series-les-paul-studio-faded-worn-brown-295318.jpg

when i say 'original' i mean the models that didn't come with a maple cap. not that i have anything against maple, but i really loved the grains popping out on the top of the mahogany ones.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I don't have a gibson to post, but I've always loved the good ones. I can't die happy until I own an Explorer E2. It will always be my dream guitar.

family1.jpg

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
i always thought that the studio versions lacked binding. even if its plastic or whatever...but that guitar of yours sure is PERFECT just the way it is!!!

as for me. i've never had a gibson, nor do care for the brand name (ie, if i own a gibson, i automatically become better than the world, silly attitude...), however, some of my favorite guitars of all time are made by gibson. and its not even their higher end guitars either...nor are they liked by people for some odd reason. but the ones i like are the:
gibson BFG:
gibson_bfg.jpg

first, i LOVE its neck. i love how the grain pops up through the finish on its neck. i LOVE how rouged the guitar is, and how 'basic' it is. nothing fancy. plus, a P90 in the neck such is kick ass.

again, i have no idea why many hate the BFG so much

Thanks, dude! And those BFG's are killer guitars, such a wide range of tones you can get with em.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
BFGs are pretty cool but I couldnt get on with how rough the damn thing felt when you played it.

P9050013.jpg

P9050003.jpg

Though I liked how quickly the neck wore.

P9050008.jpg

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
BFGs are pretty cool but I couldnt get on with how rough the damn thing felt when you played it.

I've seen a lot of BFG's with light flamed maple tops underneath the finish. I've always wanted to buy a BFG, strip the finish (hope it's got one of the caps under it) and then give it a nice light sunburst.

bouVIP

Reaction score
bouVIP, I want one of these... did you add that pickguard yourself ? cause AFAIK they don't have one :scratch:

I installed it after I bought it. As far as Standards go they all come with the pickguard on the side just in case you want to install it, but they aren't installed when bought new.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
My Gibson SG was one of the finest guitars I had, and the Goth LP I had wasn't anything to be ashamed of either, only reason I got rid of the SG was for my Steiny I believe and the LP I stopped getting along with the carved top and damn was it heavy after a while of playing.

I also have a huge bromer for Claudio Sanchez's Explorer collection

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Count me in. I've been a lifelong Gibby fan, and have owned over 75 since I got my first one (a '58 LP Jr., which I still have) as a kid in 1972 for my 8th birthday. I'm particularly fond of Flying V's and SG's.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
Count me in. I've been a lifelong Gibby fan, and have owned over 75 since I got my first one (a '58 LP Jr., which I still have) as a kid in 1972 for my 8th birthday. I'm particularly fond of Flying V's and SG's.

fan of both designs I like less, we're balancing things out haha :metal:

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
I love Gibson. Sure, they aren't my favorite when it comes to the way they market. I also can't stand the "Only a Gibson is good enough" fan boys. I will say they make a fantastic sounding guitar. I just tried the Axcess for the first time a couple weeks ago, and my god it was amazing. It's next on my got to have list.

')