The Greatest Musicians your Area has to Offer

• Thread starter SerratedSkies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Scar Symmetry and Peter Tägtgren (PAIN, Hypocrisy) live very close to me (and to each other... :p). Closest one is Mando Diao though. And the old Hagström factory :p

This guy wins the thread.

Are you in Avesta or near?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Scale the Summit!!!

ZZ Top is from Houston too, I think.

Good ole memphis, TN. Elvis???

Nah, Memphis is all about that Three Six Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny because I have virtually no rap on my iPod, but I have the entire Three Six catalog. Their old shit was just the right mix of hilarious lyrics and really good beats/basslines.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy wins the thread.

Are you in Avesta or near?

Yup, Avesta isn't far from here. Peter Tägtgren's studio (Abyss, is it) is also very close, which is pretty cool cause some of the biggest international metal bands come here to record in that studio :p

Now that I think about it, Sabaton is also from about 40 minutes away from me (not sure how well known they are, but they're on Nuclear Blast anyway). I absolutely despise their music though :lol:

WillingWell

Reaction score
Offhand, I know Paul Gilbert, Reb Beach and Esteban are from here. Esteban!

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Les Paul, Violent Femmes, and.......Liberace. :lol:

That's all I know off the top of my head.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Jeremy Colson.
Primus.
Gabby La La.
Heidi Newfield.
Tom Waits.
Grateful Dead.

That's all that I cared to type down, but there are a LOT of people from around where I live that are famous or grew up here and became famous. (Guy Fieri anyone? I know him, he's a good friend of my dad. Also, Charles M. Schultz; creator of Snoopy, and The Peanuts.)

Sonoma County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Guthrie Govan

I think one of the members of Iron Maiden, as they still rehearse here.
Plus GetCape.WearCape.Fly if anyone's heard of him...?

Sephiroth

Not a FFVII Fanboy!
Reaction score
Hmmm...there are quite a few from around here! Let's see...

Rage Against the Machine - de la Rocha comes over sometimes to play poker.
No Doubt :agreed:
The Offspring
and of course Sugar Ray! :shred:
I know there are a bunch from around here since L.A. is right around the corner, I'm sure I don't need to list them all! I hope to be added to the list someday though! :cool:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Backyard Burial, Akaname, Demiurge (I was in the middle of joining that band but they're pretty busy dudes, they said they would rather just re-form under a different moniker - Demiurge and Backyard Burial share a Bassist and a drummer I'm pretty sure), Gary Chur And The Beers (beer metal band) - also comprised of Backyard Burial members and other folk from around Wellington, Fallen Order (Ex-guitar teacher's band which my ex-best friend now fronts as a blatant ManOwarrior :lol:

New Zealand as a whole has Shihad (early on were HUGE Metallica fanboys, moved to the states but had to change their name to 'pacifier' becuase 'Shihad' sounds like 'Gihad' - I went to the same high school as them but obviously they're in their thirties so not at the same time :lol:), Ulcerate, Dawn Of Azazel, Forced To Submit and numerous black/death bands who at some stage had a pretty large cult following.

That is about it.

')