The Greatest Musicians your Area has to Offer

• Thread starter SerratedSkies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I know WFoF. Saw them with Killwhitneydead and Carnifex last year. Damn good stuff.

As for me:
Rose Funeral (Dev :wub:.......no homo)
Beyond The Blight
Challenger
Did You Mean Australia?

And that's about it. Also, When Hope Prevails, but they broke up recently.

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
well at one point i had Layne, josh and brad from Danza. But layne moved back to LA and I think josh is back in St. Louis.

I also have the guys from Enfold Darkness and Malcom Pugg from Diskreet ( I think that's how you spell their band name)

there is a few more i'm forgetting.

zackkynapalm

Reaction score
The Esoteric
Shiner
Molly McGuire (band-not a singer)
Shots Fired
The Get up Kids
Gunfighter
The life and times

90 percent of those were in the 90's too! hahah.

Not much goes on in Kansas City... :(

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Oh man.

Being less than 30 minutes away from LA and maybe 2 hrs or so from Bakersfield, I couldn't name them all.
Just to start..

Fear Factory
Tool
Adema
Korn
System of a Down
SPINESHANK! :metal:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Orgy
Linkin Park
Devildriver
Coal Chamber
I think Black Light Burns is from around here..
A Perfect Circle
Incubus
Julien-K
and The Crytal Method just to name a few.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
Oh man.

Being less than 30 minutes away from LA and maybe 2 hrs or so from Bakersfield, I couldn't name them all.
Just to start..

Fear Factory
Tool
Adema
Korn
System of a Down
SPINESHANK! :metal:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Orgy
Linkin Park
Devildriver
Coal Chamber
I think Black Light Burns is from around here..
A Perfect Circle
Incubus
Julien-K
and The Crytal Method just to name a few.

Incubus is from Calabasas, i think, and Korn's from Bakersfield... My dad's band used to share a rehearsal space with Linkin Park :agreed: SoCal is where it's at.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Incubus is from Calabasas, i think, and Korn's from Bakersfield... My dad's band used to share a rehearsal space with Linkin Park :agreed: SoCal is where it's at.
Yup, they're not too far off.. and I suppose bakersfield still falls under socal yeah? :) Adema is also from Bakersfield. I just put those three bands up there because they're pretty close, less than 2 hrs away from me each (Well, Bakersfield MIGHT be a bit over 2)

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
Man, I hear bakersfield sucks ass.

OH and apparently, the video for misery business by Paramore was filmed at my high school. Which I never knew about.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Joel Plaskett, Sloan

Can't think of much.

haha exactly.. even tho im back in New Brunswick now, which has even LESS than that.. I can't even think of any even, that anyone in the states would know.

(you forgot The Trews, who are dicks in person, least when I did stage tech at the ECMAs, but they were a big band on mtv/muchmusic for awhile at one point)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
haha exactly.. even tho im back in New Brunswick now, which has even LESS than that.. I can't even think of any even, that anyone in the states would know.

(you forgot The Trews, who are dicks in person, least when I did stage tech at the ECMAs, but they were a big band on mtv/muchmusic for awhile at one point)

Maybe not bands, but how about Mike Mallais? Or Conrad Simon? I think he's done some shit for bands in the US, and he's done some shit for Canadian artists (I believe).

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
near me: black sabbath, led zeplin (john bonham was actually from my town), judas priest, duran duran (yeah i know...)

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ come on, Duran Duran rocks! In fact, it's my favorite from these four you listed :lol:

Not even Sepultura, Angra, or Tuatha de Danann (less known but my favourite from these three) are from anywhere close where I live. Rio is far from having an active metal scene :(.

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
ehhh i dont think anyone good has come from Philly. The closest I can think of is August Burns Red from lancaster

')