The greatest Soundgarden song of all time.

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Nic said:
Now way! SuperUnknown is one of my favorite albums of all time. I think it edges out Badmotorfinger, just barely though. That whole album just rocks.

Yeah ... Sorry Jeff I just don't agree I think that pretty much every song on Superunknown is brilliant especially from a guitar playing point of view. If you can be bothered go and grab the tabs for all of the songs. They are really well written and nearly every song is in a different alternative tuning. That doesn't define great music (obviously) but I remember it really opening my mind to songwriting at the time.

Jesus Christ Pose is a fucking great song but on that album so is Mind Riot, Outshined, Holy Water (Drop B goodness), and New Damage. Fuck it everyone should own Badmotorfinger. I would say Louder than Love as well but 'Get on the Snake' and 'Full on Kevin's Mom' are stupid songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
ive heard the J. Cash version of "Rusty Cage" and its weird. i'd have to say the best soundgarden song for me is either "Burden in my Hand", or "Spoonman". i love both albums, but i always loose them so i havent bothered to buy them, but i copied my bros "A-Sides" Best of soundgarden. to whoever said soundgarden is better than audioslave, i'd agree with you if audioslave were making an effort to sound like soundgarden. but since it sounds nothing like it, you cant really compare it. unless you're talking about chris' singing or something.

gdbjr21

Reaction score
YES! I love that song. Thats actually the song that got me into Soundgarden.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Last night, I had to flex and cancel my fiance. She said that JCP is one of her least favorite songs, and she can't stand the dronning "Jesus Christ pose..." that keeps occuring in the song. "It sounds whiney, like it was the beginning of emo." I was shocked and disappointed. :noway:

The I pulled out my cock and dick slapped her. :flex:

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
noodles said:
Last night, I had to flex and cancel my fiance. She said that JCP is one of her least favorite songs, and she can't stand the dronning "Jesus Christ pose..." that keeps occuring in the song. "It sounds whiney, like it was the beginning of emo." I was shocked and disappointed. :noway:

These are grounds for divorce or breaking up!

noodles said:
The I pulled out my cock and dick slapped her. :flex:

:rofl:

Whereas this is grounds for celebration!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
All of you repeat after me....

"When listening to Badmotorfinger, it must be played from start to finish. NO exceptions!"

:agreed:

crowbarfan77

Reaction score
Shannon said:
All of you repeat after me....

"When listening to Badmotorfinger, it must be played from start to finish. NO exceptions!"

+1:rocker: But if I had to pick one it would be "OUTSHINED".

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Mahathera said:
Good song. Good album. Mind Riot :yesway:

I like Loud Love more (at the moment) though.

Louder Than Love :rocker:

Yeah, Loud Love is my favorite. That feedback shit in the beginning is really cool. Solo is good, too.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
When I listen to Audioslave I can barely remember that it is the same person singing, cause it isn´t, in mean, Cornell´s singing is shot down and gone.

I agree with Jesus Christ Pose but I also think Fourth of July could take the prize.

Soundgarden is one of the best bands of all time.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
chris12.jpg

Cornell_chris.jpg

:noplease:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
1.) I've never heard this song before, either.

2.) Holy shit Cornell used to be able to sing. Funny thing was, I gather he used to be theitr drummer until they kicked out their old vocalist. He wasn't that great a drummer, and their bass player, as it turned out, was a pretty amazing drummer so it was one of those moves where they were like "Why the fuck didn't we do this earlier."

3.) He can still sign, but man.

4.) This isn't my favorite soundgarten song, but it rocks.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
Badmotorfinger is one of those amazing albums that from front to back is just intensly good. Matter of fact I just bought it for like the 3rd time a few months ago.

Soundgarden, to me, was the main reason why the seatle scene wasn't a complete wash ... more of an evolutionary step as opposed to how some people feel the scene destroyed metal in the 90's ... i mean, c'mon ... Soundgarden was insanely good ... glad i saw them way back before they got so poppy. he was amazing.

Cornell used to be able to sing? that's a severly gross understatement ... he was up there with Ronnie James Dio man. his ability to stay on key ... with brutal volume and emotion ... i just haven't heard anyone with that ability since him. his voice gave me chills up my spine on that album.

But c'mon ... voice is shot? that's a strech.

oh ... and ...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Soundgarden :yesway: I like Outshined, Burden in My Hand, The Day I Tried to Live, etc. I don't think Soundgarden did anything awful to the music scenes. Alice in Chains had their moments, too. But, it is thought that these two bands ushered in Nirvana, whom most people hate, and Pearl Jam, whom most people like, but I tend to lean toward not liking.

')