The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
If anything that could mess up my real life this Fall, this should be it... that said, can I skip the tennis mini game and still get a 100%? :lol:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Wow. The GTA series from the third installment on have sort of defined my life as a gamer in a lot of respects, from the minimap to the open-world approach. It's great to see them expanding their arsenal.

I spent so much time reaching these arbitrary goals in GTA III and Vice City. I sank probably 80+ hours into each just doing the most random shit possible because it was so ....ing fun. Just driving around killing people and running from cops could occupy a whole afternoon after school. I haven't even played GTA IV yet, which in addition to the standard kill people, burn shit, .... school fun actually had quite a few other ways to immerse yourself. I need to get on that.

This game looks like it'll be pretty damn good. I'm curious to see if all of the interesting features they're implementing are fully fleshed out. I think the multiple protagonist thing, if done correctly and in the way they're talking about, could be a huge deal. We've had games that allowed you to switch control of your characters before, but it was generally in party RPGs or that one shitty game by that horror dude, and it never explored their lives outside the main protagonist's experience.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
GTA 4 got boring after a while..... Multiplayer was a letdown too. GTA 5 looks awesome though

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Sooo....its like 5+ games in 1?!?!

Freaking perfect!!!

After the initial $60 to buy it, I deff don't need to leave my house for anything but work now :lol::yesway:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
So stoked to be able to go explore underwater, base jump, play golf, and holy crap, we get to ride bicycles again.

Also, the actual game seems cool too :p

mongey

Reaction score
I wasnt hydped for GTA5 . I enjoyed 4 but found the controls horrible.hopefulyl it's just smoother to play

but after that vid I gotta say bring it on

ayaotd

Reaction score
I feel like these mini games are going to be unreal. You have the main story, then you just have so much fantastic stuff you can do for fun!

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Just watched it on facebook, looks so ....ing cool. I love how they are letting you make your own content, infinite replay value right there.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I haven't been this hyped for a game in a while. That multiplayer has me going fuking nuts. I'm telling everyone I know about that shiit.

flavenstein

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to see if this was already posted. Some guy made an awesome comparison video between GTA SA and V

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to see if this was already posted. Some guy made an awesome comparison video between GTA SA and V

Dude, that comparison is very old... IIRC it came out like 2 years ago.

On a more on topic note, has anyone here checked out the achievement list?

SPOILERS:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/grand-theft-auto-v/achievements/

One of the icons has the outline of the map. It's amazing how accurate it is to the one made up by the guys at GTAForums.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
xbox360achievements.org said:
GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.

Insured vehicle in GTA? Dafuq :lol:

Insurance: Yes mister, what would be the reason of your call for insurance?
Dude: Well I wanted to see if you could cover the damage on my car
Insurance: Could you explain your situation?
Dude: I ran on a pedestrian while burning a red light, some cops tried to block my way so I ramed their car but they decided to shoot me, so there's dent and bullet holes. While I was getting away, I had to avoid a car going to slow so I went on the sidewalk and hit 3-4 more peoples, slamed a dumpster and a couple of road sign. Once I get back on the road, before I know it, my car lift off and do some barrel rolls. By luck, I was able to get it back on the tires, only to get slammed again by some cops. I tell you, gotta hate those smelly cops. Anyway, long story short, my car is upside down on the side of the freeway and burned down. Would you cover that?
Insurance: Same ole, same ole. We'll contact you soon

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Insured vehicle in GTA? Dafuq :lol:

Insurance: Yes mister, what would be the reason of your call for insurance?
Dude: Well I wanted to see if you could cover the damage on my car
Insurance: Could you explain your situation?
Dude: I ran on a pedestrian while burning a red light, some cops tried to block my way so I ramed their car but they decided to shoot me, so there's dent and bullet holes. While I was getting away, I had to avoid a car going to slow so I went on the sidewalk and hit 3-4 more peoples, slamed a dumpster and a couple of road sign. Once I get back on the road, before I know it, my car lift off and do some barrel rolls. By luck, I was able to get it back on the tires, only to get slammed again by some cops. I tell you, gotta hate those smelly cops. Anyway, long story short, my car is upside down on the side of the freeway and burned down. Would you cover that?
Insurance: Same ole, same ole. We'll contact you soon

I wonder how "long" would it take to repair the body damages on the car... like literally 5 seconds in the shop? :lol:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Hong Kong... :hbang:

1277708_10151900362518453_641490422_o.jpg

')