The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Watched some the leaked footage. Only thing I'm worried about is that they may have reused the idea from GTA IV where your character casually walks unless you are holding down the sprint button at all times. This is fine when you're just taking in the sights, but it's a bitch when you're getting shot at. I can't say for sure because obviously I haven't played it, it just looked that way from some of the vids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Anyone have the links to the leaked vids?
You can PM me if it against the rules to post them in here.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
I've been watching some gameplay videos and.... I will be a hermit for at least a week. I'm genuinely considering taking a few paid days off; but I should probably save that for Forza Motorsport 5.

Pfffft come on man, I mean I'm a forza fan too, I've been playing 4 all last week with the 360 I bought specially for GTAV lol, but there is sh!t all difference between all the forza games, apart from updated cars. To be honest Forza 1 was probably the best, what with the driver training mode. 5 will be exactly the same but with 'ohhh ma geeewd, look how shiny the cars are' graphics and like 5 new tracks, like every version.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Pfffft come on man, I mean I'm a forza fan too, I've been playing 4 all last week with the 360 I bought specially for GTAV lol, but there is sh!t all difference between all the forza games, apart from updated cars. To be honest Forza 1 was probably the best, what with the driver training mode. 5 will be exactly the same but with 'ohhh ma geeewd, look how shiny the cars are' graphics and like 5 new tracks, like every version.

Clearly you are not a hardcore Forza racer. :)

If you were, you'd notice the extreme differences in physics between 2/3/4. And 5 required Calspan (who develop tests all tire makers must pass) to engineer new equipment/tests, in order to create in-game tire physics technology that not even iRacing has.

Now, as far as graphics go... yeah, I like more realistic lighting and shine. With the addition of realistic windshields, people like me (who refuse to use any view other than in-car) will no longer have to deal with the interior/gauges being too lit up.

Onto the tracks. Okay, 4's number of tracks was somewhat disappointing, but we now know it's because they were far too pre-occupied with laser scanning 5's tracks; including the laser-scanning of the real-world tracks we already have, so they will now be millimetrically perfect. I'm assuming a re-rendering of the Nordschleife, but not laser scanned, because no one has been able to do that, apparently.

I could go on and on, but I feel I've hijacked the thread enough with this response. Sorry everyone, but I do not take Forza insults lightly, as no racing game developer works harder or pays more attention to the details their core fanbase cares about.

Sorry dude, but either you haven't really played the games, or you played with assists. Play the games with no ABS, no TCS, no STM, sim steering, manual+clutch, no suggested lines, sim damage and tell me they're the same. :lol:

:)

GTA V! So soon!

Edit: Added a photo attachment. Good graphics are auch a terrible thing.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
My bank just got charged for it this morning. Should be shipping.

soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

+1

So excited .... I'm going to do so bad this semester!

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
woohoo you can fly the 747! The physics/control of it look very cool too, like it really is 800,000 lbs of metal you're flying :hbang:

the damage looks a little weird though...it just explodes and wings fall off? :scratch:

*DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE GAMEPLAY*. Thank you*

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
^ just a heads up, use spoiler tags and have URLs instead of videos or images. Some people don't want to see anything they should not before playing. Not me though, I had a look earlier and now i'm serious hyped!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Every bit of gameplay I've watched has made me sooooooo jealous of those that already have it!

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Already (accidentally) spoiled the ending. Well, I wasn't looking forward to the story anyway. :rolleyes: It seems that there is a lot to do just like in SA but even the cop chases seem way more fun than what they were in IV.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Picking this up along with Far Cry 3 on Wednesday. Good bye life, ass meet couch.

Between this and Far Cry 3 you should be set for the next year :lol: I sunk a good 20ish hours into Far Cry 3 from memory, amazing game.

WHY CAN'T IT BE TOMORROW ALREADY :wallbash:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I have multiple DAYS play time spread over a good number of characters on borderlands 2. More than I am proud of.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I hear ya dude. I have around 400 hours of DRIVING time in Forza 4.... not to mention painting, tuning, etc. Something I feel like I should be ashamed of, but considering I'm only 24, not married and don't live in my mom's basement, I just don't give a damn. :)

GTA V will be a similar case, especially if they re-release it for the new gen consoles. GTA V is the entire reason for me keeping my 360. :lol:

')