The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
I've got my verison here at work

now just gotta get the woman outta the lounge room for a couple of hours tonight to hit it up

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Looks like I wont be playing today thanks to the ....ing dickhead courier who came by early then ....ed off all day with the package in his van and didn't drop it at the depot so I can collect it. useless ....ing ....s.

Reaction score
I can't believe how insane the graphics look. I can't imagine playing it on the PC when that version comes out. But it does still have that annoying tap X/A to sprint mechanic and the traffic AI seems to have taken a step down.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Well, for starters: Mega64: LittleBigPlanet - YouTube :lol:

Yeah, well I got the game and I just can't stop praising local Gamestops. I went to the store and they were like "ohai, it seems you pre-ordered GTAV. Would you like to spend 5€ more and get the special edition?" and I was like "hell yeah!". I mean, in the end I only had to pay 14,80€ for the special edition. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Well, wtf am I doing here? Off to start the install and at the meanwhile go to the corner shop to get me supplied. Have fun everyone! :wavey:

Edit: +2 hours in so I took a lunch break. At this point all I can say, when "Ridge's theme" started playing, I knew this was the GOTY.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
My boss let us out early yesterday. Probably have to work overtime tonight with my luck. :lol:

It's out for delivery right now! Can't wait to play it!

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I'm gonna wait a day or two and see how people take to it before buying it. That's poor man talk for, my credit statement doesn't come in until the 20th so I can't buy anything until then. GTA has been consistently good, pretty much since the first one. (save for maybe Chinatown Wars which I didn't get into much.) I like the direction they've been going, with the semi-real feel to it. With games like Saints Row already going so far over the top, it's nice having a semi-serious game like this.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Needless to say, I got no sleep & i'm off to work soon :)

I need to take a few months off life to get through just a fraction of what this beast has to offer. Considering how huge the game is , it's amazing how smooth it runs. No frame rate slowdown, no glitches so far, the graphics are superb, I find the AI quite varied, traffic is more intelligent, pedestrians aren't just going through their programmed motions.

The vehicle handling will take some getting use to because it's a lot tighter than IV & there's considerably more variety in vehicles when driving around. The combat system works a charm although it still has that irritating awkwardness when indoors but it's a small price to pay for having a second real world.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
I've got to say I played it for about 2 hours after I picked it up last night. I am initially thoroughly impressed with the game. The graphics are great( I won't say amazing because being a PC gamer I can see a lack of shadows that they probably had to tone down because of hardware limitations). The driving mechanic omg the driving mechanic. They improved it so much over GTA4. I mean you can actually use the damned ebrake effectively now without it reacting like your tires are made of ky jelly. Seeing San Andreas so well translated into new gen graphics is amazing. It's hitting me with feels of nostalgia and new exploration all at the same time. I also love the fact that It's no longer hey show up at this marker and black screen to cutscene. The seamless cut from gameplay to storyline is very well done.

Also lol at that first mission with chop. I think we all know the part I'm talking about.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to wait til Friday to buy this game because I am broke as shit at the moment. Dammit, you guys are killing me!

bouVIP

Reaction score
It's pretty fun so far. Been playing for the last 5 hours...

Tyler

Reaction score
Didnt have class today and have spent most of it playing. I can understand why they said it would take possibly 100 hours to go through. I love the driving mechanic sooo much more over gta iv and so far the story is pretty solid

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This game...

It's...

Everything I hoped it would be.

After about 10 hours of gameplay, I feel confident in saying 5/5!

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Just started playing, holy ....ing shit. It's so rare that something this hyped can actually live up to it. Amazing

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
So... I caved in and went ahead and bought it. Graphics are unreal! I just spent about five hours playing and I'm loving it so far. The vehicular control is almost too good!

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
How are the controls?

To be honest, I like the driving way better than IV's but they feel way more unforgiving than IV's. It's hard to keep driving straight in high speed and I find it hard to do some quick turns. The walking controls are pretty slick and they made some improvements, like now you don't have to press triangle to go up ladders, just run into them and the character automatically grabs them. Only things I run into problems with the controls was when I was in water and tried to grab the ladders but that was probably because I was trying to tap triangle out of old habit.

Latest posts

')