The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Also ... I went looking for it on Steam and it wasn't there ... wtf?? Turns out they may not release it for PC??? That would be a real bummer. :noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Also ... I went looking for it on Steam and it wasn't there ... wtf?? Turns out they may not release it for PC??? That would be a real bummer. :noplease:

It's been known for a while that it wasn't coming out on PC immediately. Same as usual, I'm expecting to wait a good 6-12 months if it does get released.
If it doesn't I'm going to have to buy a console just to play GTA V :noplease: :lol:

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Yeah - exactly. I don't want to have to buy a console for one game - and I have too much invested in PC games to make a complete transition to console. Oh well! ;)

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score

That makes me think, I kinda wished that they'd do a radio channel wich you could link to your PS3 music playlist (I remember that the PC version of San Andreas would do the same, you'd have to drop the music in the game's folder). There's probably a reason for that, but I'm putting that in my cons

Played for 2-3 hours yesterday, here's my thoughts:

Pros:

- Graphics are really cool
- Car driving is indeed more enjoyable
- Really like the character switching. Gives a whole new depth to an already pretty deep game
- Controls are similar thought some adjustements are needed (i.e. weapon change)

Cons:

- As previously stated, lack of personnal music folder choice (unless I passed over it, wich is really possible)
- Car damages. I feel like cars are built like tanks compared to GTA IV, for that and that only I prefered GTA IV

Game is worth every penny. Hours of fun ahead, oh yeah!

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Oh boy, I didn't like Trevor at all at first but after the
torturing mission and how he helped the guy escape I realise that he has a human side too instead of all those ....s & shits and being a tough guy.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Vostre: About the car damage. Yes, they're built a little stronger, especially if you happen to nab a car that already has armor upgrades. But I also got hit by a bus, in a little Golf/Civic looking thing and exploded lol.

And beyond that, when I was going through some off-road stuff in Trevor's truck, I hit a big jump and when I landed.... bent axles, couldn't turn, it was hilarious.

So basically, I very much disagree. :lol:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
the Prius in this game is a ....ing tank, it just keeps going and going

game is pretty sick. really shoulda stayed home from work today to play it

Rosal76

Reaction score
Question guys:

I did not, I repeat, did not pre-order GTA5. How is it possible that my "release date copy" have a code for the Atomic Blimp??? From what I know, the Atomic Blimp is a download vehicle for those who pre-ordered the game. I'm not complaining about having it but I do think it's strange. :scratch:

http://gta.wikia.com/Atomic_Blimp

It is a awesome game. I'm definately pleased with it so far.

Edit: Apparently, the blimp is available for everyone. From the GTA wiki.

"Can be ordered on a special in-game app after completing Franklin's intro mission. Has to be picked up at the location given on the map".

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Vostre: About the car damage. Yes, they're built a little stronger, especially if you happen to nab a car that already has armor upgrades. But I also got hit by a bus, in a little Golf/Civic looking thing and exploded lol.

And beyond that, when I was going through some off-road stuff in Trevor's truck, I hit a big jump and when I landed.... bent axles, couldn't turn, it was hilarious.

So basically, I very much disagree. :lol:

Well lets say that there's some inconcistencies. I agree that I experienced bent axles going offroad, wich is a good thing. But I was going uphill at almost 70° with a sport car, wich was kinda laughable

All and all its not such a big deal, but I noticed it. Patches will probably solve those inconsistencies. Nothing I said in the "cons" part is a fun killer to me

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Warning to everyone! Do not buy garages while you're inside a car. I just spend about 50 grand on a nice Infernus so as I wanted to preserve it, I went on and bought the Grove Street garage but when I bought it, Franklin was suddenly on feet and the car was nowhere to found. Not only did I lose shitload of money buying that carage but I also lost my car what I needed it for. :lol:

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I played through until just after the first heist last night, hot damn this game is amazing. I had to go to bed because I forgot to drink water haha :lol:

For those who want a tip for the first heist read below:

Don't skimp out on the gunman, if you pick a cheaper option he will crash and lose some of your takings.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score

Don't skimp out on the gunman, if you pick a cheaper option he will crash and lose some of your takings.

I just did exactly the same thing. Everyone else was top dollar!

bouVIP

Reaction score
I played through until just after the first heist last night, hot damn this game is amazing. I had to go to bed because I forgot to drink water haha :lol:

I hired a cheap guy and when he died I just picked up the cash he dropped. Not sure if I lost much though

Stealth7

Reaction score
I haz it, Installing now!

Awww_yeah.jpg

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I've only got to play it for a few hours since release, hopefully this weekend I get to sink a lot more into it. I'm loving it though. It gives me the same feeling all the other GTA games have given. Makes me feel ten years younger!

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Plugged a number of hours into GTA V now (at 43% completion? I believe.)

Absolutely stunning game! DO BUY.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I was talking to my parents on Skype this evening, and the subject of games came up. I heard this gem from my Dad:

"Oh, I heard there's one of those new Hitchhiker games out, with the car stealing and the murdering."

:lol::lol::lol:

I hope this new Hitchhiker game comes to PC sooner rather than later.

')