The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ Rockstar is already developing "Agent" that is based on late 70's/cold war era. That's all i know about it, but.

I have huge expectations for GTA V. Actually i have huge expectations for whatever Rockstar Games release. :D

I hope the city won't be Miami/Vice City, just because the landscape is so damn boring. If they would do something like San Andreas again that would be extra-awesome, but i don't think that's gonna happen. Maybe we'll get a brand new city? Dunno...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I hope the city won't be Miami/Vice City, just because the landscape is so damn boring. If they would do something like San Andreas again that would be extra-awesome, but i don't think that's gonna happen. Maybe we'll get a brand new city? Dunno...

...boring as compared to the concrete jungle of LA that we've seen in at least 2 previous Rockstar Games? :spock:

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ L.A. Noire was well done in almost every way. But Vice City wasn't. And for a game like GTA, i'd love to have variety in the enviroment. Just like San Andreas had. But my fav GTA is GTA IV, just because the city is so well done.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
^ L.A. Noire was well done in almost every way. But Vice City wasn't.

I would argue that it was hardware limitations/unfamiliarity that you are talking about. GTA:Vice City came out in 2002 (9 years ago!!!) on the Playstation 2 (which came out in 2000). Everybody knows that the PS2 was a difficult system to program for and although there were games that could fully utilize the graphic power of the PS2 in it's last years (such as Shadows of the Colossus and God of War 2), it took quite a few years for companies to figure out how to navigate the PS2 quirks. Think back on all the PS2 games that came out in the first two years of the console's life (all ten of them... :lol::lol::lol:). Any games stick out in your mind as being graphically well done?

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Think back on all the PS2 games that came out in the first two years of the console's life (all ten of them... :lol::lol::lol:). Any games stick out in your mind as being graphically well done?

Yes, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, Silent Hill 2, Zone Of The Enders. There's more, but that's all i can think of now. All those games looked great at the time they came out. Especially the first two.

And my point was: Vice City wasn't well designed. L.A. Noire's LA is. And it fits perfectly FOR THAT GAME, however it wouldn't fit for a GTA type of game.

I was happy with Libery City in GTA IV, it suited the game perfectly. But im sure that whatever they will come up with next, is gonna be good.

..Also, i must add that i really don't believe that they would make Vice City again. They already had two games in that city. And San Andreas kinda thing sounds too good to be true. So, we'll just have to wait and see...

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Scar, did you ever hear from your Gamestation friend?

Anything Rockstar makes me lose sleep with excitement HA

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Personally, I'm hoping to hell that it's set in LA, I was very bored by the style and image from Vice City. I like the grit and the gangster flame, I want a large, LA map again.

Edit: Actually, an English location would be pretty fucking sweet too.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Ah you bloody tease!

I wish I could go back to forgetting about the possibility of a GTA V...

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
AWESOMESAUCE.

epic-win.jpg

Jay-James

Master Craftsman
Reaction score
I hope it's in LA... Although I'd love an English city too. I'd also like a bit more realism from the city - more cars/traffic, more pedestrians at busy times etc. The inclusion of dogs, and children wouldn't be bad either, but I bet children won't happen because I don't think child murder is allowed in a game :-/ haha

Murmel

Reaction score
I hope it's in LA... Although I'd love an English city too. I'd also like a bit more realism from the city - more cars/traffic, more pedestrians at busy times etc. The inclusion of dogs, and children wouldn't be bad either, but I bet children won't happen because I don't think child murder is allowed in a game :-/ haha
Children won't happen. They would get their asses sued so fucking bad.
I would like to be able to go to the toilet though. Nothing like being chased by the cops and hiding in the bathroom taking a shit :lol:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Don't care how long it takes, or how hard it would be, but I want to be able to go into every single building, and have them be unique. More usability, the return of RPG elements like levelling and the high customisation that was in SA, as well as the return of gyms, food for reasons other than health and whatever stuff that can just make it more immersive

They've obviously stopped trying to be crazily over the top and since Saints Row has that down to an art, Rockstar need to just get the game being as immersive and real as can be, but still with the humour and enjoyment that I find GTA IV lacked heavily.

:agreed:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I'm not really all that excited about a new GTA, if I'm honest. I thought the missions in IV were either dull or frustrating, and even when I decided to ignore them and try to have a good old fashioned killing spree, I'd be constantly interrupted by phone calls from my idiot cousin or whoever. That game needed a "throw the phone into the fucking sea" button.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'll buy a new GTA the day it comes out. Especially if it's set in the same cities as San Andreas.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I'm not really all that excited about a new GTA, if I'm honest. I thought the missions in IV were either dull or frustrating, and even when I decided to ignore them and try to have a good old fashioned killing spree, I'd be constantly interrupted by phone calls from my idiot cousin or whoever. That game needed a "throw the phone into the fucking sea" button.

You do know you can 'deactivate' phone, right? :cool:

')