The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Awesome. I never really got in to the setting of GTA3, so I didn't really care when GTA4 was set in Liberty City. However, I played the shit out of San Andreas, so a current-gen version of the city has me pretty stoked. I wonder if it'll just be an expanded Los Santos, or if it'll also include San Fierro and Las Venturas?

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
San Andreas returns. This is better than i expected! Can't waiiiiit! :D

I've watched the trailer about 11,248 times now. Love it! :D

I wish they would reveal more about the character in the game. OR characters as many are speculating at the moment... Personally i think one solid character would be good enough. And i believe it's that way. But the trailer really leaves many questions...

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
I knew it'd be S.A :coffee:

But seriously. Was that a dog in the trailer? ....
I hope Peter Molleniuex doesn't try and say "WAIIIIIIIIT OUR IDEA"

Although if the police used dogs in police chases.... I'm getting ahead of myself.

This game looks beautiful to say the least.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Much harder to tell a story that way man and GTA is known for having solid stories. The storytelling across the three protagonists in GTA IV is fucking superb!

Here's the vid for anyone who is too lazy to go to the Rockstar website.

Yeah, maybe later when it can be implemented well, still, this looks mighty.

Stealth7

Reaction score
FUCK YEAH GTA 5! :scream: This will be fucking awesome can't wait! :hbang: I loved playing San Andreas so it's sick they're setting it there again.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I hope they bring back the jet pack.

EDIT: And eating and working out.

...and the gimp suit.

Stealth7

Reaction score
YES THE GIMP SUIT! :rofl: I had some great times running around and beating people up with the dildo! :lol:

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Ohnononono... I've just read that the game is NOT based on San Andreas. But only Los Santos, and some countryside surrounding it! Damn....

Well that sounded too good to be true anyway... :(

And the thing that bugs me the most: Los Santos = Los Angeles

Yet still, im really really looking forward to this and can't wait to have it! :)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
San Andreas returns. This is better than i expected! Can't waiiiiit! :D

I've watched the trailer about 11,248 times now. Love it! :D

I wish they would reveal more about the character in the game. OR characters as many are speculating at the moment... Personally i think one solid character would be good enough. And i believe it's that way. But the trailer really leaves many questions...

Yeah I've watched it a fair few times too!

The character is Tommy Vercetti from Vice City as an older man, though it doesn't sound like Ray Liotta's voice... the character certainly looks like him though.

I hope they bring back the jet pack.

EDIT: And eating and working out.

...and the gimp suit.

Yes! All four of those would be welcomed back. I doubt they'll bring back the jet pack or the gimp suit but we'll see.

Ohnononono... I've just read that the game is NOT based on San Andreas. But only Los Santos, and some countryside surrounding it! Damn....

Well that sounded too good to be true anyway... :(

And the thing that bugs me the most: Los Santos = Los Angeles

Yet still, im really really looking forward to this and can't wait to have it! :)

Would you really want a HD San Andreas though? I HATED the environments in that game, I cannot stress how much I hate them. :lol:

This setting looks like a much more interesting take on California.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ I've also read that Ray Liotta is NOT involved in this game. So my guess would be a new character (and that's also what i hope)

And yes i would've wanted a "HD San Andreas" and i liked the countryside etc a lot. If was fun and different. But i get your point. And i agree about California. And it looking interesting.

I must add that however these speculations turn out, im pretty much 101% sure that i won't be disapointed by the game once it's released.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
^ I've also read that Ray Liotta is NOT involved in this game. So my guess would be a new character (and that's also what i hope)

And yes i would've wanted a "HD San Andreas" and i liked the countryside etc a lot. If was fun and different. But i get your point. And i agree about California. And it looking interesting.

I must add that however these speculations turn out, im pretty much 101% sure that i won't be disapointed by the game once it's released.

I read somewhere (I think it was Kotaku) that Tommy Vercetti is the protagonist in this game and their intel is solid (they confirmed details about MW3 long before it's official announcement) so I'm trusting that.

Fully agreed on your last point man, this game is going to be insane!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I'm the only huge GTA fan that never really played through Vice City, and accordingly, I had NO idea that Ray Liotta was involved. That's cool as fuck. I'm a huge Goodfellas fan.

Anyway, so does this mean the game's setting is Vice City, or was that Vegas?

Crank

Mike / Made Of Hate
Reaction score
GTA V ... so nice, can't wait to play it! I'm also a huge fan of the series. Thumbs up!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
This does look bloody good. Very beautiful looking. I did get increasingly bored by the GTA series. They didn't seem to add much beyond 'oh well...you can go to the gym in this one and stuff' and I normally just ended up spawning a tank and all weapons and just going on a rampage until I died. :lol: This looks very interesting though.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I normally just ended up spawning a tank and all weapons and just going on a rampage until I died.

My friend and I would take turns playing a game in GTA3 where we spawned all weapons and then went on a rampage that required killing one person with of the weapons in order, and seeing how many times we could cycle through them all before we were killed. Good times.

')