The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
I read somewhere (I think it was Kotaku) that Tommy Vercetti is the protagonist in this game and their intel is solid (they confirmed details about MW3 long before it's official announcement) so I'm trusting that.

Fully agreed on your last point man, this game is going to be insane!

Alright Tommy Vercetti it is. :yesway:

Can't be 100% sure though. I remember Vercetti as a "bad ass, straightforward action" guy, and i really hope (if it's indeed him again) that Rockstar has made him a more deeper and interesting character than he was before. I believe they have.

And yeah, it will be insane! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Alright Tommy Vercetti it is. :yesway:

Can't be 100% sure though. I remember Vercetti as a "bad ass, straightforward action" guy, and i really hope (if it's indeed him again) that Rockstar has made him a more deeper and interesting character than he was before. I believe they have.

And yeah, it will be insane! :hbang:

Yeah there's no way to know for sure, though as I said I do trust Kotaku, but I won't take it as given until announced.

The story in this in no doubt bound to be amazing. It'll be the first game where the protagonist is an older man with a family and therefore a lot of stories can be built around that, great idea.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ Yep, it's a great idea. I just hope they do something new with it, as it provides much more ideas than "ex-criminal who must face his horrible past for the last time" etc. But honestly, i have very much faith in Rockstar and (especially) their ability to write a good story.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I hope the PC version won't be bugged all to shit on release day like GTA4 was, since that's likely the platform I'll be buying for.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
My friend and I would take turns playing a game in GTA3 where we spawned all weapons and then went on a rampage that required killing one person with of the weapons in order, and seeing how many times we could cycle through them all before we were killed. Good times.

I just spent ages trying to get 6 stars. :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Posting the trailer from the Rockstar YouTube channel as the video I posted before got taken down.

Pause it at 00:55... see that on the sidewalk? .....2405.

I AM EXCITE.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
By the way it can't be Tommy Vercetti. He was already 30 in Vice City, so he would be 70 years old or something like that :D

Im still guessing it's a new character. Or characters. Altough im more hoping it would be just one character as it can make the story much deeper and more interesting.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ Saw that already on another forum. Looks like we found our protagonist for GTA V '

I can't help but wonder how this turns out. The main character is an middle-aged business man (or something), that's something we never saw before in GTA.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything on this for a while... anyone found anything interesting from a solid source? I hope it sees release this year.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
xl_Rockstar_GTAV_2.jpg

xl_Rockstar_GTAV_1.jpg

Sweet fuck.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
So do we have a confirmed release date for GTA V yet?

Sort of on topic, does anyone know if those older PS2 releases (GTA III, VC, SA etc) will ever been released on the PS3 in the form of the so-called HD Collection series? I heard about Rockstar might be working on just that earlier this year, but nothing since...

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Haven't been following this but the graphics look fucking amazing that's for sure.
I was hugely into San Andreas and excited to run GTA IV when I got my new (at the time) high spec laptop in 2010. However it was still far too slow to play on good settings and buggy as hell like somebody mentioned. I never got past a few missions - didn't feel like I'd connect with that game anyway. San Andreas made me feel at home straight away and gave a connection with the characters from the start. GTA IV seemed so dull and I didn't like that they removed half of the cool stuff from it..
I might get GTA V whenever it comes out for my new studio PC next year (very high spec - will definitely run full settings!). I hope it's as good as the trailer promises!

')