The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_H87

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I've read a couple of things over the last few days that they may release a PS3 version then a next gen version later on. If that's the case I guess I'll be buying both!
If not, my new PS4 may not get much play time early on!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Speaking of GTA SA, originally I so wanted to buy it off the PSN and play it on my PS3... I said originally... I bought GTA III off the PSN a little earlier, and I was very disappointed by that ported version.

No, I knew it isn't an HD version, nor I expected any improve game plays or better graphics. Guess what? It is presented in 4:3 aspect ratio!!! :wallbash: Well, sure, you could change the screen setting either via the PS button, or under Settings; yet the game still looks better in 4:3. :noplease:

As for SA, I've watched some in-game videos off YouTube, and this time stupid RockSt*r stretched the screen to fill the 16:9 screen! :scratch: If that's the case and I can't even make it look decent on a regular 16:9 screen, I don't want it. :rolleyes:

You can change that in game bro. Whichever way you wanna go, if you set it to widescreen by pressing the PS button then pause SA, go video settings and set widescreen and it sorts it out. Should work on 3 too :)

I for one want SA on iPad I'm loving playing VC on the train SA would just top it all off for me.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
You can change that in game bro. Whichever way you wanna go, if you set it to widescreen by pressing the PS button then pause SA, go video settings and set widescreen and it sorts it out. Should work on 3 too :)

I for one want SA on iPad I'm loving playing VC on the train SA would just top it all off for me.

I still haven't bought SA off the PSN yet, so I can't say if your method work or not. However, that's exactly what I did on the PSN (PS3 version) GTA III, and the video looks absolutely terrible in all those so-called full screen settings!! I ain't kidding you, the "best" looking setting is like they just stretch the video to both sides, and "zoom in". I think you get like 90% of the entire screen in that setting, but somehow it doesn't look good nor it is good for my eyes. So I ended up sticking with the 4:3 settings.

Sadly as much as I like SA, I don't know if I should shell over $14.99 to "give the video settings a chance", so to speak. :noplease:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
downloaded SA, its auto 16:9 and going menu, display, widescreen -> on gets rid of the stretch, looks just like it should.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
downloaded SA, its auto 16:9 and going menu, display, widescreen -> on gets rid of the stretch, looks just like it should.

That sounds good to me... what about the first Zero's mission? Is this PSN d/l ported from the infamous "glitch" version? :scratch:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score

Ok, since I still have credit on the PSN Store, so I went ahead and downloaded GTA: SA. Well, the video still got issues, and it stretches like the PSN ver.GTA III on a 16:9 screen. I already tried all the settings both under System, as well as after I pressed the PS botton.

One thing I must add though, if I turn the video function to "OFF" under the PS botton; the video zooms in a bit and stretches to about 1: 1.66 ratio, but at least visually it looks "smoother" than the PSN ver.GTA III doing the same. Oh well, after all I don't have much expectation for these re-releases video-wise, so I guess I will just play them as it. :cool:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
^ Ok, I have to take back what I said above!!!

Stupid me. Unlike in GTA III, the in-game wide screen display mode actually works! Earlier I was only messing with the PS button settings, and disregarded the in-game settings. Anyway, I dig it even though it ain't HD or anything pretty.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Don't have a whole lot of time to go through the whole thread right now so I apologize, but is there any news of this coming to PC?

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I read most of the article, but not the whole thing. Anyway, the change character on the fly thing sounds interesting, and I'd like to actually see how it works and not affecting game plays negatively.

Maybe it is just me, but the writer mentioned about how HUGE the map in GTA V is going to be like 5 - 6 times until I stopped reading it... ok, it is expected the map is going to be huge, but is bigger really better? :scratch: Let's wait and see. :cool:

Rosal76

Reaction score
^ Awesome video. The part where the guy is under water looking at the sunken ship is cool. :cool:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
"and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online...which we'll show properly soon"

faaaaaaaaaack you, Rockstar.

Latest posts

')